Need a source for Chord Mojo, please any ideas on what I have thought of.
Aug 30, 2017 at 2:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

GreenBow

Headphoneus Supremus
I bought an LG G5 SE which is still with me and the deadline for return is three days away. Although Amazon mentioned a week to return it. The problem with the G5 SE was whether or not it works on OTG.. All reviews say yes, but LG told me they dropped support for OTG on the G5 SE. Yet may update OTG support later.

That means if I keep and use this phone I will have to buy a Chord Poly too. To use as a file source for the Chord Mojo. Then use the G5 SE to control the Poly. ... I have a further issues of concern with the G5 SE though. I think it will get bent if it lives in my jeans pocket all day. .... However having said all this, I might compromise and keep this phone, if OTG is supported now. The G5 SE does use all the G5 modules which I bought also, making a useful package.

The alternative is to find a phone that has all my requirements, but that seems impossible:

• A usable camera.
  • A replaceable battery (That's because I keep my phones for years, and I hate throw away culture.)
  • Tough with hopefully IP68 specification; for waterproofing, dustproofing, and toughness. (The LG G5 SE doesn't meet this requirement.)
  • OTG support.
  • HD-audio support.

................However I don't think this phone exists. The nearest I got was Blackview phones, (Excluding the BV6000 series.) However they use a long 3.5mm headphone socket and long USB-c socket. (Sourcing an adapter so I could use my own headphones could be tough. Meaning when not using Mojo.) Secondly the camera is pretty average for 16Mp, and quite low res in video mode. Not specced for HD-audio, I think too.

I have looked at the Archos 50 saphir http://www.gsmarena.com/archos_50_saphir-8592.php
However its camera it quite dark. Neither is it specified for HD-audio, though it may work HD with Chord Mojo. Cat phones have weak cameras and high prices.

One last option is to buy a DAP. Something like the Fiio X7 Mk II would perform perfectly with the Mojo. Though it may not have a replaceable battery. I'd still need a reasonable phone then though, for the camera.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back