need amp suggestsion for dt880 600. too much treble
Mar 9, 2011 at 1:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

noggleboggle

New Head-Fier
Just got 880s today and notice that there's a tad bit too mcuh treble for my taste.  also, i am using audinst as dac/amp.  is there an amp that i could pair nicely with 880 to give bass a little boost?  I am still planning to use audinst as a dac.  thanks in advance.

Mar 16, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #2 of 7
Hi! got the 250 ohm version, at first I had your same problem but after a 100 hours burn in treble got better by far, smoother and good sounding. I use both Echo AF2 DAC and Docet cuffia Amp and they work very well.

Mar 16, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #3 of 7
with my audinst, it really really feels like 600 version needs a more powerful amp. i clocked about 60 hours so far and the treble calmed down a bit already.  however, it still feels a tad bit slow and lacking bass punch.  =/  i ordered a lovely cube--blc clone--few days ago and i'll report back how it is.

Mar 16, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #4 of 7
I also have a Senn HD580 and i can honestly tell you that the impact of  dt 880 in the bass range is much better compared to Senn. Bass is definitely much deeper. I think you have to wait and overtake 100 hrs listening to hear an overall improvement. Actually I don't know your amp, probaly non suitable to 600 ohms cans?

Mar 16, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #7 of 7
definitely wait til the beyers have atleast 120+ hrs of burn-in before deciding on anything. i had the same "dude...where's the bassss??" reaction til it hit requisite cookin time & bass suddenly made a grand appearance. mids followed not far behind too.

that said, the 880s will never be a head thumpers dream although with proper amping, bass is a plenty - just not with the big slam weight that a HD650 can provide. other than that, its pretty awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back