Need dac recommendations please
Apr 29, 2020 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

chrispyduck1

New Head-Fier
Hi all, hope you’re keeping well. I am thinking of upgrading my dac but have no idea of which wsy to turn. I am currently using an Arcam ir dac ii (£450) with a Rupert Neve RNHP amp which i love all plugged into isol-8 mains filtration with Van den Hul mains cables. I am willing to buy second hand with a budget of £600.
Thanks!

May 2, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #2 of 2
Hi all, hope you’re keeping well. I am thinking of upgrading my dac but have no idea of which wsy to turn. I am currently using an Arcam ir dac ii (£450) with a Rupert Neve RNHP amp which i love all plugged into isol-8 mains filtration with Van den Hul mains cables. I am willing to buy second hand with a budget of £600.
Thanks!
That is quite a good DAC you have. Anything you are not satisfied with? To upgrade noticeably, it will require good money unless you want to go sideways. Any functions, file format management, form factor, I/O you need? Also which headphones are you using and what music genres do you listen to?

That is going to help us guide you around.

My personal advice to you is that once you have reached a certain point in quality resolving equipment, you need to have a listen before to anything you want to buy to see what it does in your system. Dealers are now my new friends. Luckily I live within driving distance of a ton of dealers. One of them knows me by name :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back