Need help choosing the right DAC/Amp Combo.
Oct 20, 2012 at 9:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Blogboykes

New Head-Fier
Guys, 

Im going for the Sennheiser HD 600 or 650's headphones. Now i am looking for a nice DAC/Amp combination to go with it!

I did some research and set up a list of potentials.

Audio GD NFB-12.1                                                                                             215 USD
Matrix Cube 24 192 ASCR DAC Headphone Amp.                                                  310 USD
NJC-Audio Monitor 1                                                                                            195 Pounds 
Yulong U100 USB DAC                                                                                         225 USD
Yulong D100 ASCR DAC                                                                                       440 USD
Maverick Audio Tubemagic D1 including  OPA627 OpAmp & GE5670W Tube                     244 USD

What would give me the best sound out of these! 

Please help me make my decision.

Thanks, 

B

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #2 of 6
i would like to know this too. i am in the similar budget, recently just got the HD598, and looking to spend about the same amount as youdo. 

subscribe!

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #4 of 6
are there any options, that's not chinese 
confused_face.gif

Oct 23, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #6 of 6
Hi Blogboykes,

You might wanna give a look into our DACport as well. Price is now $299.95

Here is a Stereophile review where the reviewer used HD-650's:

"All was laid clear by the DACport driving my favorite Sennheiser HD-650s, with the clanking stereo sound effects at the beginning pristinely clean, and Lennox's voice sounding natural and free from grain." (http://www.stereophile.com/headphones/centrance_dacport_usb_headphone_amplifier) 

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Kenny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back