Need help finding headphones for video games and music? (Price Range $100-$300)
Dec 31, 2012 at 7:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

wtfsureprob

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm an avid video gamer as well a listener to EDM, dubstep, house, trance, jazz, classical, and rock music. I wanted to know are there any good headphones for the price range of 100-300 dollars that can help with listening to my choices of music as well as my hobby of video gaming? I would prefer over-ear headphones over in-ear's, I heard audio tech's headphones are pretty good, but those are the only recommendations I'm getting from my friends. I wanted to come here to ask you guys for another opinion if possible. Thanks in advance for helping out!

Edit: I am a PC gamer, and the headphones I'm looking for should also not make me look like a dork when I want to walk around campus with them on...if that helps out any :p. Thanks again for the amazing head phones suggestions thus far!

Dec 31, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #5 of 8
"Gaming" is quite a wide ranging term. Competitive FPS wise you would want something with great soundstage and positioning. Otherwise, you would be satisfied with any headphone that does movies well. For classical, an open headphone is usually best.
I would recommend:
<$100
Creative Aurvana Live
Denon AH-D1100 (usually discounted below 100)
Koss DJ100
Koss TBSE
Audio Technica M50(if $100 or less)

$100-300
Beyerdynamic DT770 80Ohm
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro
Audio Technica A900X
Sennheiser HD598(although it might not play well with some genres of music)

Jan 1, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
Hey guys,

I'm an avid video gamer as well a listener to EDM, dubstep, house, trance, jazz, classical, and rock music. I wanted to know are there any good headphones for the price range of 100-300 dollars that can help with listening to my choices of music as well as my hobby of video gaming? I would prefer over-ear headphones over in-ear's, I heard audio tech's headphones are pretty good, but those are the only recommendations I'm getting from my friends. I wanted to come here to ask you guys for another opinion if possible. Thanks in advance for helping out!

Is this PC? xbox? or PS3 gaming?
If PC, does it have a sound card?

Jan 1, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
Hey guys,

Heya,

Beyer Custom One Pro
Beyer DT770
Beyer DT880
Beyer DT990
AudioTechnica A900X
Ultrasone PRO 750
Ultrasone PRO 2500
Ultrasone  HFI 2400
Hifiman  HE-300 r2
Mr Speakers Mad Dogs
Used Denon D2000