Need help finding the perfect one.
Jan 4, 2013 at 10:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Arcaneex

Head-Fier
No, ain't a dating thread.
Anyway, I love music. I cannot do something without it.
I had tons of in ear headphones,was alright but looking for more.
Anywho, I'm listening to mainly electronic genres like Dubstep, Psytrance, Hardstyle and so on, I like bass I must say.
In looking for over ear headphones, closed, preferably with a nice design. Budget around 250 bucks, I guess I have another 50 for an AMP if its needed.
Indoor and street use, PC and phone.
Was looking at the Shure SRH750DJ but not sure.
Also, kinda not related here but do i need an amp? If yes, which?

Jan 4, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
No, ain't a dating thread.
Anyway, I love music. I cannot do something without it.
I had tons of in ear headphones,was alright but looking for more.
Anywho, I'm listening to mainly electronic genres like Dubstep, Psytrance, Hardstyle and so on, I like bass I must say.
In looking for over ear headphones, closed, preferably with a nice design. Budget around 250 bucks, I guess I have another 50 for an AMP if its needed.
Indoor and street use, PC and phone.
Was looking at the Shure SRH750DJ but not sure.
Also, kinda not related here but do i need an amp? If yes, which?

Heya,

Look into:

Ultrasone HFI 580
Beyer COP

No amp needed. If you want to add it anyways, Fiio E11, JDS CMOY or Digizoid ZO.

Very best,

Jan 5, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
Ultrasone HFI 580
Beyer COP

I second these two options. The Custom One Pro's give you options to adjust the sound to your liking (the bass ports). Normally I'm against the Ultrasone house sound but given that you need something within $250 amp or no amp, the HFI 580 is the only other option to take that should give you a pleasing sound without forking extra for amplification, same applies to the COP.

Jan 5, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #7 of 7
The M80's are not bad, more fun to listen to than the COP or 580's but I found them annoying to listen to after a few hours. Might be a comfort issue for me but my ears are really sensitive to any heat built up when I wear headphones. With the right amp the M80's can pump out gobs of bass, the refinement of bass from the 580 and COP imo are still higher in terms of articulation and detail than the M80's, which I find sluggish and bloated at times with fast electronic music (the COP and 580's are too as well but to a lesser extent).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back