Need help navigating Tidal and Apple Music on my A&K SR15
Aug 26, 2021 at 1:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

GrandNagus50

100+ Head-Fier
I have an A&K SR15, and I have run Tidal and Apple Music on it. I recall "sideloading" these apps onto the player via my laptop; it was a while back. Some months ago, there was a problem whereby Tidal would no longer run on the player, and I recall A&K referring to working furiously on the problem. I eventually just decided to drop Tidal. Since then, I have run Apple Music v3.3, and actually, it does run. But about every third time I start the app I get an "upgrade the app" message. I click on the button to upgrade (to 3.6?) but really, nothing happens.

Was the problem with Tidal and A&K ever resolved?

The A&K website is no help here, and the music services themselves are no help. It seems each considers the other party a "third party" and "it's not our problem."

So here is my situation: I want either to find out how to actually upgrade the Apple Music app on this player, or else how to make Tidal actually run on this player, or if these prove too frustrating, I want to know if there is another player of decent quality that renders it easier to run these streaming apps. I can run them on my iPhone no problem, but I really would prefer also to use a good DAP. Any words of help, advice, condemnation?

Doug Greenberg

Aug 27, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #2 of 5
I have an A&K SR15, and I have run Tidal and Apple Music on it. I recall "sideloading" these apps onto the player via my laptop; it was a while back. Some months ago, there was a problem whereby Tidal would no longer run on the player, and I recall A&K referring to working furiously on the problem. I eventually just decided to drop Tidal. Since then, I have run Apple Music v3.3, and actually, it does run. But about every third time I start the app I get an "upgrade the app" message. I click on the button to upgrade (to 3.6?) but really, nothing happens.

Was the problem with Tidal and A&K ever resolved?

The A&K website is no help here, and the music services themselves are no help. It seems each considers the other party a "third party" and "it's not our problem."

So here is my situation: I want either to find out how to actually upgrade the Apple Music app on this player, or else how to make Tidal actually run on this player, or if these prove too frustrating, I want to know if there is another player of decent quality that renders it easier to run these streaming apps. I can run them on my iPhone no problem, but I really would prefer also to use a good DAP. Any words of help, advice, condemnation?

Doug Greenberg

The built-in Tidal app has been fixed if you have updated to the latest firmware. Apple Music 3.6 works fine on the SR15, just install it over the older version using the normal openAPP instructions:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/apple...ase/apple-music-3-6-0-5-android-apk-download/

Jul 25, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #3 of 5
Hi nice people!

I am stuck on tidal 2.2 on my sr15 and I do not like this version honestly. It is always stuck to what I was listening months and it does not update to the things I recently listen from the phone for example

any fix to this?

Jul 25, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #4 of 5
Jul 25, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #5 of 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back