Need help selecting Closed headphone
Mar 20, 2016 at 8:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JaeYoon

Headphoneus Supremus
So my main genres of music are K-pop and Melodic Death metal (Old In Flames, Kalmah, Eluveitie)

My budget is so far anywhere up to $400. $500+ if there is absolutely good reason to.

I'm in an urban environment and I commute using bus and light rail trains and work at a office cubicle environment so I can't use open headphones that would disturb others.

So far I've read a bit of some headphones. Beyerdynamic T51, Nad HP 50, AKG k550, Sennheiser 2.0 momentum over ear.

Couple of concerns for me is, beyerdynamic t51 has no detachable cables like if something happens like one part of headphone stops working because the wire is damaged. Nad Hp50 looks very goofy but seems to have very good reviews.

Im going to need some help selecting a headphone. Any headphones you can recommend would be great too. :)

Mar 20, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #2 of 3
Of the K5xx series, the K545 is probably the most portable of the group. It has a smaller soundstage, but better bass, IMO, than the K550/553. You might read about it. Another good one that has some portability to it is the SoundMAGIC HP150--it is slightly u-shaped, but largely neutral. Some people like the B&W P7 as a portable option, as well. You might read about these in addition to the ones you have listed and see what you think.

Mar 20, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #3 of 3
  Of the K5xx series, the K545 is probably the most portable of the group. It has a smaller soundstage, but better bass, IMO, than the K550/553. You might read about it. Another good one that has some portability to it is the SoundMAGIC HP150--it is slightly u-shaped, but largely neutral. Some people like the B&W P7 as a portable option, as well. You might read about these in addition to the ones you have listed and see what you think.

ooooh! I just looked at the background information for all three.
All three seem really good. SoundMAGIC HP150 seems really nice for the price $199 only. Same with the K545.

Bowers and Wilkins P7 from the reviews on here sounds like it tops both headphones but costs about double the price. ]

I think these 3 headphones are something I will consider. I just need to nitpick if I want the B&W P7 over two that's $200 less but not as good as B&W P7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back