Need help!!!!!!
Aug 10, 2011 at 6:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Ruckus10

Head-Fier
I'm looking for over the ear headphones with huge bass!!! Doesn't have to compare to the Sony xb series but I don't want those they r waaay to big! They have to be comfortable and don't leak sound and under $85 thank for the help

Aug 10, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #2 of 13
For $80...what about buying something at the F/S forum? do they need to be new? 

Aug 10, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #3 of 13

Quote:
I'm looking for over the ear headphones with huge bass!!! Doesn't have to compare to the Sony xb series but I don't want those they r waaay to big! They have to be comfortable and don't leak sound and under $85 thank for the help

Your price tag puts you right on the XB700/500. The XB500 is not as big. And it's $50 shipped.

They're not that big. The internet lies often. Look for yourself:

Those are XB500's. The XB700's are bigger. They are the ones that get silly. I find the XB500's to be the same size as all my full size headphone cups basically, so they don't look silly all.

Seriously. $50. Cheaper if you buy them on Headphones.com and use the Headfi 15% discount. Ships free. Use an EQ to bring up mids/highs and you can't beat the headphone for the money for bass specifically, and it really does do other genres really well when EQ'd. I EQ'd mine recently to see if the headphone could do acoustic/female vocals without sounding like being in a barrel, and it was amazing how well the mids/highs come out without distortion with just a little EQ tweaking. Made it sound like a different headphone and allowed it to do more than just bass.

Very best,

Aug 10, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #5 of 13

Quote:
Well how are the sennheiser hd 280, Sony mdr v700, Shure srh240, or the sennheiser hd 480 are any of those headphones bass amazing

None of them come close to XB500's bass.

The HD280 Pro out of that list you just made would be a decent headphone, with some bass (due to isolation), but it's not a bass monster at all. Plus it clamps like a death grip so it's not that comfortable.

Increase your budget some and look at the Ultrasone HFI 580.

Very best,

Aug 10, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #9 of 13
you should just get XB700, normally I would say they look funny worn publicly but I have seen a few wearing them before so soon enough they are gonna be "cool" to wear them

Aug 10, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #10 of 13
Well I live in Phoenix Arizona and if I get those Whn Im outside with them on my ears will get extremely hot!!!! So I just need some over the ear bass headphones other than the Sony xb series under 85 bucks that don't leak

Aug 10, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #13 of 13

Quote:
Well I live in Phoenix Arizona and if I get those Whn Im outside with them on my ears will get extremely hot!!!! So I just need some over the ear bass headphones other than the Sony xb series under 85 bucks that don't leak

All over ears are going to get super hot in Phoenix, regardless of size, shape and material.

Look at the Sony ZX700 as an alternative. It compares to the M50 for half the cost basically.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back