Need high end headphones for EDM/Hardcore techno
Apr 24, 2016 at 3:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Zankes

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. I am still at this after few months.

I bought HD600, returned it as it was not great with the airy feel. I then got Ultrasone Signature Pro and I ended up returning it as it lacked bass and was not as balanced as reviews claimed. Maybe it was too critical. It was not good for EDM. I think closed headphones would be good for me

I currently use Shure 846 and I absolute love them.

My budget is 1000€.

I would prefer if they could be ran with o2+dac, but I can consider new amp.

Music example
https://soundcloud.com/hpg-detonator/dtn-029-01#t=1:39

I also listen to fast paced pop, rock and metal.

I had thought about Beyerdynamic DT1770 PRO, but not sure if I would like them. I currently have bright filter on my 846.

I don't know what else to say, but I need help for recommendations. I have auditioned so many headphones and came to conclusion that open is not for me even if they cost 2000€. They all sound weird with my genres. I have bought few pairs and have not been happy so returned them. I feel really stuck.

Apr 25, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #2 of 6
Check these out.

I cant wait to get my pair and im not a basshead either

Apr 25, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #3 of 6
Well, if you haven't tried any yet, the HiFiMan HE series might be worth giving a listen. Lot of people like the planar magnetics for EDM because of the fast transient response which yields great texture in bass.

Apr 25, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #5 of 6
The Fostex TH900 are regarded as top 3 best bass headphones in the world.. you also get the bonus of everything else sounding great too. Amazing headphones for EDM and closed back. Beautifully made.

Apr 25, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #6 of 6
  Check these out.

I cant wait to get my pair and im not a basshead either

Those are crazy powerful and they don't sound too bad either. One of the more fun things at CanJam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back