Need new earphones for my iPod Touch: Sennheiser CX-300 II or the Klipsch S2?
Aug 14, 2011 at 2:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

siddhanthgupta

New Head-Fier
OK. Currently, I use the Sennheiser MX-760 earphones. I haven't owned high end earphones, these ones are the most expensive ones I have. The bass is tight, and the treble is pretty clear, painful at times. Now, I need some in-ear headphones because the 760 are regular earbuds (like the ones that came with the iPod. Sorry, I don't know the nomenclature-is it out-ear?). Anyway, the only ones available in my budget (INR 3000 or USD 66) are the Sennheiser CX-300 II and the Klipsch S2. Which one is better? I mainly listen to rock (Old, new, alternative, etc..all of them). Starting from Doors, Uriah Heep, Supertramp, etc right down to Bon Jovi, Linkin Park, Green Day, Poets of the Fall. So for these, I sorta need clear (not painfully bright, just distinguishable) treble- cymbals, hi-hats and deep bass. Which one should I go for? Or should I extend my budget and go for the CX-400 II (or the Klipsch S4)?

One more thing, I have heard that Sennheiser has a lot of fakes travelling around on eBay. So I use flipkart (a trusted site, bought a lot of stuff from them, hoping they are selling original). But for Klipsch, I have to use eBay. So are there any fakes going around for the S2? Because 1 seller (who lives in my city) says he bought it from Amazon for less, so he is selling it at a significantly lower price (aroun INR 1000 or USD 22). So should I trust him or get it from someone else? Didn't really check the local dealers- they usually keep low end models, but if they are more reliable then I could just ask them to get it. But then again, they might charge more. What should I do?

Aug 15, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #2 of 2
I have had all the IEMs you have listed. I say go for the DUNU Trident as they are sonically better than the S4, CX300/400.

Great bass, quite deep and textured with minimal mid-bass hump. Mids are smooth and presented very well. Highs are a bit veiled but overall, the Trident is a much better choice than the above.

I got mine (along with the entire DUNU range) at lendmeurears.com

The other brand to check out is Meelec.com but for the price, the Tridents are really great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back