Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(and too bad you're whipped
wink.gif
)

Touche
wink.gif

Aug 29, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #17 of 21
Did you look at the Weber Q220?

it is marketed for portable but that may be the best quality gas grill your going to get and the portability will come in handy for moving it out of the weather in the winter. It has a push button ignition and has some nice heat and enough size to cook a Chicken easily. she weighs in at 40lbs I think also.
Look into adding the wheel set and cover a few years down the line once you have more money to play with also look into adding a Gas line from your house (omg is this a god sent) or/and Weber has a Full tank conversion kit for it to.

I threw a party at a forest preserve weeks back and bought one but sold it to my friend rite after. I had a red color and the little heavy person cooked as good as my home Grill.

Weber has a 5 year warranty and is pretty good at backing their product up.

the reason why your getting away with such a great Grill with a list of features is because the bottom part is not included, i think it cost something around $100 for that wheel and compartment set..

Also Keep it in the Garage,covered, and clean the plates rite after every use (soak them in Dish soap over night then Scrub...
if you do the above the Grill will last you easily 5 years..Weber may not be the best but they are good..esp at $200.

Aug 29, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you look at the Weber Q220?

it is marketed for portable but that may be the best quality gas grill your going to get and the portability will come in handy for moving it out of the weather in the winter. It has a push button ignition and has some nice heat and enough size to cook a Chicken easily. she weighs in at 40lbs I think also.
Look into adding the wheel set and cover a few years down the line once you have more money to play with also look into adding a Gas line from your house (omg is this a god sent) or/and Weber has a Full tank conversion kit for it to.

I threw a party at a forest preserve weeks back and bought one but sold it to my friend rite after. I had a red color and the little heavy person cooked as good as my home Grill.

Weber has a 5 year warranty and is pretty good at backing their product up.

the reason why your getting away with such a great Grill with a list of features is because the bottom part is not included, i think it cost something around $100 for that wheel and compartment set..

Also Keep it in the Garage,covered, and clean the plates rite after every use (soak them in Dish soap over night then Scrub...
if you do the above the Grill will last you easily 5 years..Weber may not be the best but they are good..esp at $200.

Excellent rec, will look into it

Aug 29, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #19 of 21
Dont go cheep on grills... You'll regret it in 2 years.

I recieved a weber gas grill like this for a wedding present 12 years ago.
http://weber.com/bbq/pop/SpiritE210_pop.aspx

Its still going strong.... I had to replace the cooking surface twice, and a new propane tank, but beside that... its works great.

I would have had to buy at least 5 cheap ones ....

You can probably find a 2 burner weber grill for around $325 if you catch the right sale....

Isao

Aug 29, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #20 of 21
Anyone tried/seen those infrared grills? I've been looking at this Solaire Grill.

portG_lg.jpg

http://www.rasmussen.biz/grills/portG.html

I know the cooking surface is crazy small (17"X10"), but I live in an apartment and I really only cook for my girlfriend and I. Plus the 316 stainless steel is a really nice touch since I would imagine this thing would see the beach a few times each year. It is kinda pricey at about $600 for everything that goes with it but ehhh food is important!

Aug 29, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #21 of 21
IR Grills are pretty nice. They put off some serious heat... A lot of high end restaurants use them. Great for searing steaks since they can get up to 700+ degrees.

Although, don't think that's any "safer" than a regular propane grill for an apartment, still gotta use them outside. Food will still flair up and burn quite easily with the amount of heat those can produce.

Also they're hopeless with indirect cooking (required for most "BBQ" style food).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back