Need some new Cans any help?
Oct 9, 2012 at 4:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Hambergite

New Head-Fier
So for the past 2 years I've had a pair of Sony XB-700s and frankly.. I wan't impressed. I want to upgrade to something better and more high quality. When I first bought them I wasn't aware of High fidelity headphones but after lurking here on the forums, I just can't seem to make up my mind on an upgrade. Here is my criteria....
  1. Preferably open back. (i've heard they sound better)
  2. under or around 150$ but i'd be willing to pay extra for a standout
  3. a de-tachable cord would be nice but is not a requirement
  4. a large soundstage
  5. I do not own an amp, but if the headphones need one I would buy one around Christmas time.
  6. something with clear tight bass
  7. Crisp, clear.
  8. All parts of the music can be appreciated

I was looking at getting the Fischer audio Fa-011s but GD audiobase doesn't seem reliable and I can't find anywhere that sells them.

I am completely open to suggestions. normally I listen to hip-hop, rap, alternative, Indie, and electronic/techno. so bass would be appreciated but i am not a bass head per say. Also, it would be nice if they were good for watching movies. Any advice is appreciated. anything about closed/open or amps ect. I am not really concerned with sound leakage so Open headphones are fine.
If someone has dealt with GD audiobase before help me out.. I received a conformation before I paid and don't feel comfortable paying they seem shady

Some possibilities are

[size=1.8em] Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 closed but seem good.. a bit above my price point[/size]

[size=1.7em] Shure SRH750DJ [/size]
[size=1.7em] Fischer Audio Fa-011[/size]
[size=1.7em]  [/size]
Thanks,
Hambergite

Oct 14, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #3 of 4
What do you plug your headphones into?

The Technical Pro HPT990 (Takstar Hi2050) are great sounding headphones for $50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back