Need some opinions.
Feb 27, 2013 at 9:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

t0rmi

New Head-Fier
Hey, new to the forums but i've been browsing a bit in my search for decent headphones. I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair of HD598's and a FiiO E17 and i'd like to know your opinions on them. I was originally going for the HD650's but i think they would be a bit too pricey for my first atempt at audiophile headphones. As far as i've read, the general consensus seems to be that they are pretty good, obviously some people have other preferred headphones but nothing drastically better in sound quality at this price range ( correct me if i'm wrong ).
As for the fiio, are there any drivers that need to be installed in order to maximize it's potential ? I've read something about ASIO drivers in the fiio dedicated forums but i'm not really sure what that's all about and it isn't explained very clearly.

Feb 27, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Hey, new to the forums but i've been browsing a bit in my search for decent headphones. I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair of HD598's and a FiiO E17 and i'd like to know your opinions on them. I was originally going for the HD650's but i think they would be a bit too pricey for my first atempt at audiophile headphones. As far as i've read, the general consensus seems to be that they are pretty good, obviously some people have other preferred headphones but nothing drastically better in sound quality at this price range ( correct me if i'm wrong ).
As for the fiio, are there any drivers that need to be installed in order to maximize it's potential ? I've read something about ASIO drivers in the fiio dedicated forums but i'm not really sure what that's all about and it isn't explained very clearly.

What kind of music genres you like?

Regarding ASIO4all, take a look at this:

Audio Stream Input/Output (ASIO) is a computer sound card driver protocol for digital audio specified by Steinberg, providing a low-latency and high fidelity interface between a software application and a computer's sound card. Whereas Microsoft’s DirectSound is commonly used as an intermediary signal path for non-professional users, ASIO allows musicians and sound engineers to access external hardware directly.

In short, yes. You'll get the most of the DAC on the E17 if you setup Asio on your pc. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back