Need Top Sound Quality Around-the-Ear Headphones ~$300
Nov 27, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #16 of 21
I'm guessing the smaller the Ohms of the Headphone, the better the headphone? Lets say one is at 15 ohms and another is at 30 ohms. Which one is better for mobile use? Is there better sound quality the greater the ohms?

Nov 27, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:
I'm guessing the smaller the Ohms of the Headphone, the better the headphone? Lets say one is at 15 ohms and another is at 30 ohms. Which one is better for mobile use? Is there better sound quality the greater the ohms?

For 15 vs. 30 both would be portable. But, if its 30 vs. 250 then 250 will be less portable but will sound better with an amp then the 30 ohm version. Just like the Beyer DT880. The 32 ohms sounds worse then the 600 ohms when the 600 ohms is amped. But when its not the 32 ohms sounds better. And no, ohms doesn't really make a difference if the headphone is better. 

Nov 27, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #18 of 21
People often confuse resistance and sensitivity. They both affect how headphones sound and are driven by an amp.

But, in general, high impedance headphones require more voltage than low impedance headphones. Low impedance headphones require more current than high impedance headphones.

Nov 27, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #19 of 21
So I have researched some more and have come to (not my final decision), but a relative list of possible around-the-ear headphones within my range.  They are as followed:

-Sennheiser Momentum
-AKG K-550
-V-Moda M-100
-ATH-M-50 (if the SQ really is as great as the others)

If anyone can comment more about each one/only one I would really appreciate it. (leaning toward the Momentums, but English brown leather isn't everything, right?
o2smile.gif

As a side note I've been looking throught various websites of the overly-hyped headsets such as Beats and Soul.  Man the product descriptions are just hilarious!  Beats say that their headphones make compressed music sound uncompressed and the Souls, well lets say that they have some very bad grammar in their product descriptions.  And of course they both claim they pump out music "the way it's meant to be heard"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back