New AKG headphones K175, K245, K275
Apr 6, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #106 of 323
Having heard the K275 I can say that these are not closed back K712 (sadly). They are ok or even good head phones for recording, tracking and so on. Bass has good extension (for an AKG) but is a tad too boomy. Built quality is nicer than the K712 I think. Cable/Plug noise is pretty extreme. I was never bothered with this before but it really annoys me on these. Wouldn't it be great if AKG did a closed back (and hopefully nice) version of the K712? I'd give them a go ...

Apr 6, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #107 of 323
Wouldn't it be great if AKG did a closed back (and hopefully nice) version of the K712? I'd give them a go ...

You can sleep soundly tonight knowing that there will never be a K712C that sounds anything like a K712.
There is no such thing as a closed headphone that can sound like an open headphone, so, even if they created a AKG-C of any model, it will only sound like a new headphone model and that is actually a good thing....:)
Also, if you have the time and care, get the Cooler Master MH752's.
They sound much different then the K275s, and in my opinion sound not just slightly better, but much better.

Apr 6, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #108 of 323
You can sleep soundly tonight knowing that there will never be a K712C that sounds anything like a K712.
There is no such thing as a closed headphone that can sound like an open headphone, so, even if they created a AKG-C of any model, it will only sound like a new headphone model and that is actually a good thing....:)
Also, if you have the time and care, get the Cooler Master MH752's.
They sound much different then the K275s, and in my opinion sound not just slightly better, but much better.
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the MH752's a rebranded Takstar pro 82? They certainly look similar and I've read in forums that they are.

Apr 6, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #109 of 323
Some say they have different drivers. And the cups are deeper (says world famous zeos)

"Wouldn't it be great if AKG did a closed back (and hopefully nice) version of the K712?" was more of a rhetoric question...

For some reason (mostly because of @FullBright1) I actually ordered the Cooler Master (terrible name) MH752 but I guess I won't like them. We'll see...

Apr 6, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #110 of 323
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the MH752's a rebranded Takstar pro 82? They certainly look similar and I've read in forums that they are.

They are the upgraded version of the TSP82.
Im not a fan of closed headphones, tho i could loved the Aeon closed if it had any bass response and didnt try to play games with pads.
But this....this little cheap headphone....... i like.
Is it the best sounding headphone ever produced since astroids killed dinosaurs ?
No.
But, you can't get a better sounding or more comfy headphone for less then $201.00 USD, in my opinion, tho you can find a lot of them that sound different.

Apr 6, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #111 of 323
K275 sounds like a closed-back K712 to me. Maybe I was too used to hearing the K712 from my Cyrus/Linn system I used to have which always maximized the performance of the K712 I had, maybe that's why the K275 reminds me of the K712. That Cyrus/Linn system always scaled the K712 to it's maximum potential, increasing the bass, soundstage and clarity.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #112 of 323

For some reason (mostly because of @FullBright1) I actually ordered the Cooler Master (terrible name) MH752 but I guess I won't like them. We'll see...

Moderate your expectations and allow them to be great sounding $80 USD headphones, and you'll feel really good about your purchase.
They feel good they sound good and they don't break the bank.

Apr 6, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #113 of 323
K275 sounds like a closed-back K712 to me.

The K712 or the K712 Pro?

In both cases, the Pro and non-pro version have more midrange warmth, but that is always the perception of mids if you are comparing them to a closed.
Air, the way that air is allowed to invests itself into sound always changes it.. (perceptively).
It sort of the same idea as this..
Say you are listening to a set of Dynaudio or Genelec monitors in a room.
During one listening session you are sitting 3 feet away.
During the 2nd listening session you are sitting 10 feet away.
You will not think the sound is the same, even tho its the same music, same volume, same room, same ears, even if you volume compensate during the 2nd listening session, as the air between your ears and the speakers has changed the sound, no matter how you apply the volume.
This is the same issue/situation when listening to closed headphones vs open headphones.
"Air" creates the perspective impact of distance and width and warmth within the sound of an open headphone, and it does not do this to the same degree in a closed, even if the cups and speakers are exactly the same.
And this is just one reason that closed vs open will always be different.
There are many other reasons as well of course....:)

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #114 of 323
To my knowledge there is only one version of the K712 but most people don't call it by it's official name - the K712 Pro.
Of course the K712 Pro sounds more "open" or "airy" (whatever you want to call it), but to my ears, it has the same native sound signature as K275. If you took K712 Pro drivers and put them in a closed-back design, K275 is what you'd get, imo. The K712 Pro drivers are capable of producing lot's of sub-bass.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #115 of 323
To my knowledge there is only one version of the K712 but most people don't call it by it's official name - the K712 Pro.
Of course the K712 Pro sounds more "open" or "airy" (whatever you want to call it), but to my ears, it has the same native sound signature as K275. If you took K712 Pro drivers and put them in a closed-back design, K275 is what you'd get, imo. The K712 Pro drivers are capable of producing lot's of sub-bass.

Ah.
Well thats good, as i thought i had actually missed a headphone purchase....:)

You'll like the Cooler Master.
Inexpensive that sounds good.

Apr 6, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #116 of 323
Anyone who could compare K275 to K240 or Beyerdynamic DT990/770? I am looking for a closed back headphones for an office use and so far I chose Beyerdynamic custom studio, though I've been recommended to rather buy K275 instead (but without any explanation why). I own a pair of K240 and DT990 and listened to DT770, so any comparison with them would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance!
I will reply to myself :) I didn't have a chance to try K275 yet, but considering lack of reviews and the fact that I like Beyerdynamic DT990 way more than AKG K240 (sound, comfort and looks), I ended up with Beyerdynamic Custom Studio (these are different headphones than Custom One). To my ears, these sound almost exactly like DT990's, with just a bit less "open sound", which is kinda expected. Also IMHO much better than DT770's. I have no idea why the Custom Studio headphones are so "unknown".. When I'll have an opportunity to try new K275, I won't pass on, but for the time being I ended my hunt for closed back headphones. Beyerdynamic Custom Studio headphones are simply "perfect".

Apr 6, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #117 of 323
I will reply to myself :) I didn't have a chance to try K275 yet, but considering lack of reviews and the fact that I like Beyerdynamic DT990 way more than AKG K240 (sound, comfort and looks), I ended up with Beyerdynamic Custom Studio (these are different headphones than Custom One). To my ears, these sound almost exactly like DT990's, with just a bit less "open sound", which is kinda expected. Also IMHO much better than DT770's. I have no idea why the Custom Studio headphones are so "unknown".. When I'll have an opportunity to try new K275, I won't pass on, but for the time being I ended my hunt for closed back headphones. Beyerdynamic Custom Studio headphones are simply "perfect".

No need to bother with the K275's if you like how Beyer headphone's sound.
You would be wasting your money and time.
But, as you are probably as obsessed as the rest of us, im sure you'll have to find out for yourself.
IN the meantime, just remember that i told you that, IMHO, the Cooler Master sounds better then the K275s, and are nearly $100 less.

have fun....:)

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #120 of 323
@FullBright1
Could you elaborate on where/how do you think the MH752 has the K275 beat?
Is it timbre in general, better resolution some parts of the frequency response or something else?

It sounds 15% more natural, and its more comfortable on the head.
Look, both of these are inexpensive consumer sound profile closed cans.
This is not ultra-high end sonics we are dealing with, but then again, is this even possible in a closed can?
Some people are trying to climb themselves up a wall waiting for a closed can to sound like an open can.
This is like trying to get a mountain to pretend its a valley. = Not going to happen, no matter who tries to say it can, or has, or will.
So, the answer is, don't pay a mint for what will never sound as good as "open".
Spend the mint on the open cans, Rule #1.
And in the case of the MH752s, they are more comfy and have a sound that is a bit more natural then the AKG's, but, both are fine.
Me saying the MH's sound better then the K's is not to imply that the K's dont sound well worth their money.
They do.
In a blind listening test, nearly all will say the MH are more comfy, and some will say the K's sound better.
Most won't.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back