New Audeze LCD3
May 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #5,582 of 11,521
Just ordered a new headphone cable for my LCD-3's and am looking forward to receiving it, should be here next week. Ordered from Frank at Toxic Cables. It is a custom 4' Venom cable with Carbon Fibre ¼" connector. Here are some photos Frank sent me of the finished product:

Rumble

May 10, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #5,584 of 11,521
Hope the cable does not weight as much as it looks because one will need to have a rather sturdy neck to support it and the lcd no?

May 10, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #5,585 of 11,521
Quote:
Hope the cable does not weight as much as it looks because one will need to have a rather sturdy neck to support it and the lcd no?

Audiophiles must be the most atrophied group of humans on the planet. Most headphones are lighter than the LCDs, so relatively, compared to them, they are heavy.

But in reality 550 grams, is not asking much of your neck muscles, unless of course you suffer from severe muscle atrophy and malnutrition. I don't understand the weight complaints about the LCDs, one can get used to the weight in a couple of days. And if 550 grams is heavy for you, you probably SHOULD work on strengthening those muscles anyways.

May 10, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #5,586 of 11,521
Quote:

Audiophiles must be the most atrophied group of humans on the planet. Most headphones are lighter than the LCDs, so relatively, compared to them, they are heavy.

But in reality 550 grams, is not asking much of your neck muscles, unless of course you suffer from severe muscle atrophy and malnutrition. I don't understand the weight complaints about the LCDs, one can get used to the weight in a couple of days. And if 550 grams is heavy for you, you probably SHOULD work on strengthening those muscles anyways.

Na, I'm good 

May 10, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #5,587 of 11,521
Quote:

Point taken. In my case, staring at a computer 10+ hours every day seems to take its tall after a few years. Somehow, exercising (like swimming which is good for the back) actually makes it worse, so does wearing heavy headphones...

May 10, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #5,588 of 11,521
Quote:

Point taken. In my case, staring at a computer 10+ hours every day seems to take its tall after a few years. Somehow, exercising (like swimming which is good for the back) actually makes it worse, so does wearing heavy headphones...

I have the same job
cool.gif
, and my comment wasn't directed to you in general, just to us as a whole. We are quite wimpy and whiny sometimes.

May 10, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #5,589 of 11,521
Quote:

Audiophiles think they are compensating by the weight loss to their wallets....doesn't quite work that way though.  

May 10, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #5,590 of 11,521
Quote:

Hi Arnaud:

Never had an issue with the weight of the LCD-2 or 3's and I also find both comfortable, although the 3's are more comfortable than the 2's. I don't think the cable will be an issue, but will report back when it comes in. Not sure what has happened with the Aftermarket LCD-2-3 cable thread as it is locked and I can't post my impressions about the cable there? I will report back here when I have gotten it in and had time to evaluate it.

Rumble.

May 10, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #5,591 of 11,521
Quote:
Not sure what has happened with the Aftermarket LCD-2-3 cable thread as it is locked and I can't post my impressions about the cable there?

it probably devolved into a "cables matter vs. cables don't matter" spew-fest. 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back