New Audio Gear Pictures
Dec 17, 2012 at 10:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 158

wolfetan44

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, I wanted to start a thread where you can post newly opened audio gear. So here it is
biggrin.gif
. Just in time for Christmas! I don't have anything to contribute yet, but I will have something to contribute in 8 days
tongue_smile.gif
. If anybody has some newly opened gear, post 'em up! New CD/Vinyl is also welcome!

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #4 of 158
Well, I've already posted these elsewhere, but this seems an appropriate place, and I'm giddy over my new Liquid Glass amp. These won't compare to Jude's unboxing photos, but here's the new amp in all its glory:

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #5 of 158
Quote:
Well, I've already posted these elsewhere, but this seems an appropriate place, and I'm giddy over my new Liquid Glass amp. These won't compare to Jude's unboxing photos, but here's the new amp in all its glory:

Nice pictures! Got enough tubes?
wink.gif
 How does it sound compared to that black amp? And what is that black amp in the last picture with (I think) 10 tubes. 

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #6 of 158
@jazzerdave: Congrats on the LG purchase, out of curiosity what's the tube amp on the right?

Quote:

Received from the postman 2 hrs ago haven't started listening to it yet. But's it good to have the original's so I'm expected to enjoy it a bit more on my transport system.

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #7 of 158
Quote:
@jazzerdave: Congrats on the LG purchase, out of curiosity what's the tube amp on the right?

Quote:

Received from the postman 2 hrs ago haven't started listening to it yet. But's it good to have the original's so I'm expected to enjoy it a bit more on my transport system.

Nice CD's! Never heard of the artists, but nice CD's nonetheless.

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #8 of 158
Beethoven stuff man, my favourite Piano Concertos 1-5 by Zinman and thought I'd give Zacharias a go, I see your more of a Radiohead/ Beatles person yourself but down the road as you have more quality gear you start appreciating other music genre's as well. 
tongue.gif

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #9 of 158
Quote:
Beethoven stuff man, my favourite Piano Concertos 1-5 by Zinman and thought I'd give Zacharias a go, I see your more of a Radiohead/ Beatles person yourself but down the road as you have more quality gear you start appreciating other music genre's as well. 
tongue.gif

I like game soundtracks (zelda and Final Fantasy, thats it though.) One thing I hate is I may have to start getting into other genre's as mine are indie so the recording's are subpar
frown.gif

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #11 of 158
Quote:
Quote:
I like game soundtracks (zelda and Final Fantasy, thats it though.) One thing I hate is I may have to start getting into other genre's as mine are indie so the recording's are subpar
frown.gif

Well as long you enjoy your stuff, that's all that matters.

True
biggrin.gif
. I can't wait to get my Christmas presents. Enjoy 'em. Then post 'em here
tongue_smile.gif
. I'm also getting Grado leather earpads from Headphonelounge there selling them in January but I'm special so I'm getting them early. Here's to hoping they make them much more comfy!

Dec 18, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #12 of 158
Well, I just threw away the packaging in the trash, but I stil have the carrying case. Anyway, RHA (Reid And Heath Acoustics) kindly asked for me to review their MA-350 IEM's, and I wholeheartedly obliged. Anyway, here are some pictures (sorry for the less than stellar quality, decided to use the flash instead of dedicated fluorescent lights this time around):

Dec 18, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #13 of 158
Quote:
Well, I just threw away the packaging in the trash, but I stil have the carrying case. Anyway, RHA (Reid And Heath Acoustics) kindly asked for me to review their MA-350 IEM's, and I wholeheartedly obliged. Anyway, here are some pictures (sorry for the less than stellar quality, decided to use the flash instead of dedicated fluorescent lights this time around):

Nice IEM's! How are they sounding?

Dec 18, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #14 of 158
Quote:
Nice IEM's! How are they sounding?

Excellent for the money. Very bassy, but has a lush overall sound with a very slight amount of sparkle up top, coupled with a decently deep soundstage performance. Just initial impressions.

Dec 18, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #15 of 158
Nice pictures! Got enough tubes?:wink:  How does it sound compared to that black amp? And what is that black amp in the last picture with (I think) 10 tubes. 

That tube amp on the right (with nine tubes) is a highly modified Dynaco Stereo 70. I've also got an unmodified one in my back room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back