New Audio-Technica ATH-M X Series, including M50X with detachable cable.
Jan 21, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #4 of 11
Audio-Technica is most likely going to release a bunch of new headphones though. They said they have something huge planned for the NAMM show and recently uploaded this to their USA facebook page...

Looks like a set of new iems with 4 color options and 2 new pairs of full sized headphones, one in at least 2 color options. If you look closely you can see the white full-size in the back is different from the red and black ones.

The red and black full-size look targeted for the modern teen market while the white in the back looks to be more of a studio/professional headphone.

Jan 21, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #5 of 11
I still don't think that removeable cable are a reason to release new headphones and make a new thing about it. I think he was just a phony that was looking for attention. 

Jan 21, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #6 of 11
I should have known. My instinct told me that if I didn't see a thread about it somewhere here, then some random guy in r/headphones might not be the most reliable source of information, but damn that was some good 'shop-work. Glad I hedged my bets, and trusted my gut at least a little and made the thread title "possible".

EDIT: went back and looked at the pics again, and man that really does look legit. Maybe he just got busted for revealing it and had to throw out the "i shopped it" story?

Jan 22, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #7 of 11
Remember the IPhone prank from 4chan? Where they said that the next update will make your iphone waterproof. Yeah, that looked legit as well. Actually it looked like Apple made it. But it was fake too.

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #8 of 11
went back and looked at the pics again, and man that really does look legit. Maybe he just got busted for revealing it and had to throw out the "i shopped it" story?

Looks like I might have been right after all: Audio Technica ATH-M50x Pre-Order

I thought it was kind of suspicious that all 5 of jameson's posts were trying to squash this. Seemed to me like he was trying TOO hard.

Jan 23, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #9 of 11
Guys, no need to have a go at each other. Reddit is a popular place to spread pranks though.

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #10 of 11
My apologies, in retrospect I should have avoided calling anybody out. Maybe i've been spending too much time on reddit, and need to adjust my sensibilities a bit when here. Back on topic tho, those M30x and M40x look pretty nice. I wonder if they sound the same as the old versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back