New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Aug 4, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #19 of 3,925
  This is wonderful news, i hope i can send in my T1 to beyer for a V2 upgrade!

That would be pretty cool. Maybe; I've heard of shure se530 owners sending them in for repair and getting se535s in the mail

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #24 of 3,925
They're going to fragment their consumer base for the T1 now. Now there will be two different T1's out there.... hrm...

Aug 5, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #25 of 3,925
  They're going to fragment their consumer base for the T1 now. Now there will be two different T1's out there.... hrm...

It doesn't seem like a very different situation to Audeze releasing fazor versions of LCD-2 and LCD-3 to me. If this version of the T1 is a marked improvement on the original, surely it will just supersede it in time? Are you saying it would have been better for Beyer to release this as T2 or something?

Aug 5, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #26 of 3,925
Interesting news. I hope we can get to listen to the new version at the European CanJams.

Aug 5, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #28 of 3,925

You might have a point there. I'm definitely gonna get the version 2 sooner or later, but I have a feeling that I might not prefer it to the version 1. Maybe it's like this:

T1 version 1: An attempt to give consumers true fidelity
T1 version 2: An attempt to give consumers what they actually want

But off course thats all just speculation. I'm still looking foreward to listen to version 2 :)

Aug 5, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #29 of 3,925
This is great news... Sounds like how T1 was supposed to be originally. It is a great headphone, although I sold it after six months. However it is quite funny that I had to ad damping inside of the cups. I like modding but modding a headphone with a msrp of over $1000 is kind of...You know. It should function on it's highest potential as stock and you shouldn't be able to improve the sound with a piece of felt and a 5 minute diy job. 

Of course some people say it was just right, but many people like me were not happy with the treble performance. Also decreasing the most dominant frequency (highs in this case) allows you to listen with more volume, thus boosting the bass and mids... Anyway, glad beyer realized this, even though it took half a decade.

Aug 5, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #30 of 3,925
The only thing cooler than a new T1 being introduced is how Jan refers to headphones as "devices" 

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back