New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Apr 1, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #3,706 of 4,065
I like the Ei.3's bass just fine (and love the mids), but found the high end a bit too recessed. Being that I haven't heard the Music Two, how will the FIBAE2 compare in that area? For context, I don't like too much high end as I'm very sensitive to sibilance and had a hard time upgrading from the RE-400 for that reason -- I wanted a combo of great mids with a bit more low end and polite, yet detailed highs. The Ei.3 mostly hit the mark (I can EQ the high end), but would be interested in how the FIBAE2 is tuned...

Also, did I miss an official announcement/info on the FIBAEs? Can't find that anywhere and just heard about them from the Facebook post.

Pretty much as @Deezel177 summed up. FIBAE 2 is a blend between Ei.3 and Music Two in terms of sound signature. Compared to Ei.3 FIBAE2 has a bit more bass and slightly more recessed mids, but it's a signature that very natural. Highs are smooth but more detailed and better extended than Ei.3

As for announcement please refer to the very last post.

@piotrus-g  oh no this is huge bummer - you were the only EU reshell company , with great job and even greater service and prices 
frown.gif

Sorry my friend. For a while now reshells have been royal pain for us, we have enough regular orders on our own and reshells always cause us problems (seriously like 80-90%) so we kept losing money over them. It simply doesn't add up.

Thx for the short impression. At this point I'm pretty much set on the 330v2.

Meanwhile my friend still having dilemma between Ei.3 and FIBAE 1. One thing he is unsure about the FIBAE 1 is whether it has good bass or not. If it turned out to be something like Etymotic ER4, he might not like it lol.

Well I cannot make a comparison to ER4 here on head-fi. what I can say is that FIBAE1 will have more bass than Music One (and you can find ER4 vs M1 comparisions) FIBAE1 is matching Music Two in terms of bass quantity, however Music Two would feel more bassy due to dedicated woofer.
In my personal opinion comparing FIBAE1 to Ei.3 is a bit unfair since Ei.3 has an advantage of two extra drivers, so the headroom and resolution is highly improved over single driver. If you want to compare signatures alone Ei.3 is more bass oriented, smoother more powerful/dynamic, FIBAE1 is flatter and more tamed.

Apr 1, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #3,707 of 4,065
So as if it were some kind of sick joke, the left side of my H8P died on me today. Was listening to them as per normal when the left side suddenly cut out and became significantly softer than the right. Was initially hoping it was a cable issue (cables are much cheaper) but tried swapping the L/R cables and the left side was still significantly softer. Anyone has any idea how much an out of warranty replacement of one side would cost me?

Apr 1, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #3,708 of 4,065
So as if it were some kind of sick joke, the left side of my H8P died on me today. Was listening to them as per normal when the left side suddenly cut out and became significantly softer than the right. Was initially hoping it was a cable issue (cables are much cheaper) but tried swapping the L/R cables and the left side was still significantly softer. Anyone has any idea how much an out of warranty replacement of one side would cost me?

€42,5 + shipping for post warranty repair on one side.

Apr 1, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #3,711 of 4,065
naturally, that would be something I would actually advise

Thank you. What other options do I have regarding these ciems? Would I still be eligible for the 8.2 upgrade, or do I have to fix the left then be eligble for upgrading? Also, since the shell would have to be redone, do I have the option of changing the iem designs (with charges of course)? Thank you

Apr 1, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #3,712 of 4,065
Thank you. What other options do I have regarding these ciems? Would I still be eligible for the 8.2 upgrade, or do I have to fix the left then be eligble for upgrading? Also, since the shell would have to be redone, do I have the option of changing the iem designs (with charges of course)? Thank you

We can do upgrade. Any fix that's needed would be within upgrade price. Yes, you can upgrade your looks as well, or change shell material.

Apr 1, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #3,714 of 4,065

i had issues where i was not removing them properly, putting stress on the connectors.  It eventually gave out and had a similar issue to what you describe here.  I had them remolded and it fixed everything.  Acrylic is much more durable than silicone when it comes to how forgiving they can be with these kinds of issues.

Apr 1, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #3,715 of 4,065
i had issues where i was not removing them properly, putting stress on the connectors.  It eventually gave out and had a similar issue to what you describe here.  I had them remolded and it fixed everything.  Acrylic is much more durable than silicone when it comes to how forgiving they can be with these kinds of issues.

Guess I'll have to go the acrylic route this time, gonna miss the comfort silicone provides. Can't quite decide on the design though, intended on getting solid white/black, something like piano keys, but I'm afraid I'll get sick of them for being too plain :joy:

Apr 1, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #3,716 of 4,065
Guess I'll have to go the acrylic route this time, gonna miss the comfort silicone provides. Can't quite decide on the design though, intended on getting solid white/black, something like piano keys, but I'm afraid I'll get sick of them for being too plain :joy:

the acrylic is actually really comfortable too though... i've gotten much better at handling things now, so i'm switching another pair of mine back to silicone :)

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #3,718 of 4,065
Made my impressions, now hoping for piotr to work his magic :joy::joy: sorry piotr, hope you didn't gag (too much) from my horrendous design ideas

Did a set wide jaw impressions this time, supposed to give me a snug(snugger...?) fit, hope it works as the audiologist claimed

Apr 6, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #3,719 of 4,065
I´ve received my Rhapsodio Solars reshelled into custom by The CustomArt. The waiting was worth it:

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #3,720 of 4,065
  I´ve received my Rhapsodio Solars reshelled into custom by The CustomArt. The waiting was worth it:

You're holding on to a soon-to-be-rare CustomArt reshell! I don't know how they do it but the fit is perfect every time. I better not jinx it tho, 8.2 is on the way 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back