new DAC for Grado HF2
Aug 17, 2012 at 8:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Dexterdm

New Head-Fier
hello!
my audio-chain is:  laptop---->fiio e10(DAC section)---->mogami 2534---->little dot 1+ with we408---->grado HF2
i'm considering to upgrade the DAC section because i found grados in this chian a little too bassy at all
i thought a Musical Fidelity v-dac II but i read it has a warm tone and a timbre shifted on mid bass...is it true?should cause more problems with my grados?
my budget is max 250€
thank you so much

Aug 17, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #2 of 4
The HF2 has a big bass hump and any good, clean sounding DAC will show that hump. It's a big part of the character of that headphone

If you really don't like that bass, you probably don't want to get a DAC that will mask it. Try some EQ to reduce the bass first.

You could still get a better amp/DAC combo than the E10 (eg: ODAC and O2 amp) but it won't greatly reduce the bass from the HF2.

Aug 18, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
The HF2 has a big bass hump and any good, clean sounding DAC will show that hump. It's a big part of the character of that headphone

If you really don't like that bass, you probably don't want to get a DAC that will mask it. Try some EQ to reduce the bass first.

You could still get a better amp/DAC combo than the E10 (eg: ODAC and O2 amp) but it won't greatly reduce the bass from the HF2.

i like the bass hump of the HF2 but i've done this little attempt
i connected the LD directly to laptop and bass are more confused than with fiio e10 so i thought it may depend on Dac.
i'd like more definition,i don't want equalize the sound because they are great :wink:
now,dac is the weak point of my audio-chain,an upgrade can help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back