New, Fully Balanced Burson Conductor 3X: Dual ESS9038, 7.5wpc XLR, 3.75wpc SE Headamp, Changeable Opamps
Nov 8, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #31 of 528
Didn’t they used to list non-desktop high end audio gear on their website as well? I don’t see the speaker amps and separate preamps, among other things, anymore. Perhaps they are downsizing the company and this is part of that downsizing? Just a guess. I own and love both a Soloist and a Soloist sl, so I am certainly rooting for them, not against.

Nov 9, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #33 of 528
Not sure I follow you @Strat1117, sorry. This is their products page: https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/ and I can see all of their current products listed in there, and here's their shop: https://www.bursonaudio.com/shop/. I can count a no. of 8 audio equipment, what products are missing from there?

Until recently, they offered, among other things in their reference level series, high power, bridgeable amps called timekeeper and timekeeper virtuoso. I was wondering why they stopped and seem now to be more focused on the entry level, op amp based series.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #34 of 528
They stopped producing Timekeeper few years ago. I guess it's not easy to ship such monsters overseas...or not sure why they're not manufacturing these anymore. It would be nice to see a new Timekeeper 2, two pieces XLR bridged pumping up the bass into the speakers.

As for the "other things", I guess their new DAC & headamp line is a step-up.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #35 of 528
They stopped producing Timekeeper few years ago. I guess it's not easy to ship such monsters overseas...or not sure why they're not manufacturing these anymore. It would be nice to see a new Timekeeper 2, two pieces XLR bridged pumping up the bass into the speakers.

As fir the "other things", I guess their new DAC & headamp line is a step-up.

you would think, but they’ve positioned most of it (other than the new conductor) below the Soloist SL. I am referring to the stiff above it. Primarily the timekeeper amps, but I thought there were other things too. Also, I don’t see the ancillary stuff anymore - cables, etc.

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #36 of 528
Well, at the moment they still have the Soloist SL MK2 in their offer. Also, FUN is using the same output buffer created around TO-220 Toshiba transistors like the Soloist, but like you said, the voltage-gain is a bit different, created around so-called solid-state op-amps.

The V4, V5, V6 and the up-coming V7 are all solid-state inside; that means we will find the same transistors, capacitors and resistors like the gain-stage from inside Soloist. Replacing the former fully transistored gain-stage with SS V6 op-amps is not necessarily a downgrade. Let's have a look inside, to clear up things (taken from https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bur...ssion-and-reviews.854912/page-7#post-13711554):

9998778_thumb.jpg
9998780_thumb.jpg

Basically, these DIP8 audio devices are doing a great job inside PLAY/PLAYMATE/SWING/FUN/BANG/CV3Ref because they were created to be used in future Burson audio equipment. Of course, these are compatible with most audio devices that have opamps inside. This is why there's a dedicated thread about the V6 opamps. :)

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #37 of 528
Pre-ordered. Hope this will indeed sound well with AKG K812 :) !

Nov 14, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #43 of 528
This unit is looking like a monster! I've really loved my Burson Play and wish I could afford to make the leap to the 3X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back