New Grado GH1 headphone available for pre order at TTVJAudio!!!
Jul 5, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #20 of 54
Picture from Grado's own Linked-in page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grado-labs

From the picture it's obvious that these phones are open-backed. From the looks of it they're shipped with the plastic gimbals, probably putting them somewhere in Bushmills-territory (which I woulda bought if they were made from Ardbeg ex-sherry casks :p). The cup design seems slightly different, altho not by much. Let's hope the real difference is in the drivers and not in the limited amount :)

Jul 5, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #21 of 54
If they go cheap on these, I hope we get enough notice to cancel preorders. I'm not paying $650 for the "name" or the "cool factor". I expect RS1i sound, connectors, adapter, and an extension cable. Some sort of storage is in order instead of the typical grado cheap box. They HAVE to sound good and by good i mean much better than an RS1e. Otherwise ill put that 650 back in the HD800 fund. :)

Jul 15, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #25 of 54
On sale now at 4ourears. Very little info given. I doubt that we will get a full package like the RS1. No mention of adapter, plug size, or extension cable. Appears to be an inflated RS1e. Sigh.

Jul 15, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #26 of 54
On sale now at 4ourears. Very little info given. I doubt that we will get a full package like the RS1. No mention of adapter, plug size, or extension cable. Appears to be an inflated RS1e. Sigh.

Inflated? I thought they were $50 cheaper than the RS1e, and we still don't know exactly (or anything) about how well/bad and different they will perform.

Jul 15, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #28 of 54
  Inflated? I thought they were $50 cheaper than the RS1e, and we still don't know exactly (or anything) about how well/bad and different they will perform.

Typo, I meant RS2e.

Jul 15, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #29 of 54
Wildcatstare over in the Grado Fan Club thread has said that Todd says they sound great.  I guess he got an advance set.  Todd isn't giving out any details or photos that I've seen yet though.

Jul 15, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #30 of 54
Here you go...

Grado GH-1 Headphone      
The Grado GH-1 headphone is the newest creation from Grado Labs. The first in the Grado Heritage series, the GH-1 is made from a maple tree cut down in Brooklyn, NY and purchased by John and his son Jonathan. Maple has long been an audiophile favorite wood of choice for its sonic qualities. And it not only looks very nice but also sounds great on the GH-1. The GH-1 is also a limited edition – you can only get some many ear cups out of one tree…
The GH-1 comes with a black leather headband and the Grado L Cushions. It is terminated with a 1/8” mini jack on a 6 ft. cable with a supplied ¼” adapter. They are lightweight and comfortable.
But most importantly they sound very good. The bottom end is tight and delivers impact. Listening to Donald Fagen’s Morph The Cat shows off its bass capabilities. The bass is recorded deep and impactful with good definition and that shows up in the GH-1s.
The mids are smooth and sweet. Vocals flow effortlessly – both male and female.  And the highs are detailed without being bright. There is no harsh in the GH-1 - instruments are easily singled out as are vocals – even in complex passages.
There is a lot to like about the GH-1! I can listen to these phones for hours comfortably and fatigue free. They look good, feel good and sound great.
Expect 50-100 hours of break in but I thought they were pretty darn good straight out of the box.
Grado Labs has made some great headphones over the years and the GH-1 will long be remembered as one of those that stand out as special.

There is no headphone that I have sold that pleased everyone. The GH-1 will not be the exception. I could personally live with it as my headphone if I had to. I can highly recommend the GH-1 and stand by it with my 30 day money back guarantee.

Because they are limited edition I think they also will carry some collectors value but I recommend them strictly on their sound.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back