New Headphones (Alessandro MS Pro)
Sep 9, 2011 at 1:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

orrb_05

500+ Head-Fier
I ordered a pair of these based off of reviews alone - hope they are to my taste. I had a set of Grado HF-2 that were new in the box when I got 'em and they sounded fantastic. Hope these MS Pros are close to that soound
tongue.gif

Sep 9, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 11
Hope you like Rock/Jazz

Grado's are good for anything IMO

Sep 10, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #3 of 11
FedEx guy brought me a nice surprise today....

The MS Pros look awesome and are really light weight. Fresh out of the box the sound really good - to my likings. If there is such a thing as "burn-in" then I assume they will only sound better as time goes on.

Sep 12, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #4 of 11

Quote:
FedEx guy brought me a nice surprise today....

The MS Pros look awesome and are really light weight. Fresh out of the box the sound really good - to my likings. If there is such a thing as "burn-in" then I assume they will only sound better as time goes on.

Yeah they can be a little harsh in the treble register once you get to the extremes, that and the wood goes through seasonal changes just like instruments made of wood too!

They'll sound great, and better later, but whats more important is your ears become tuned to appreciate them more, it's just a mental burn-in. For example even though I've gotten older (probably more deaf too), I appreciate much more analytical *boring* sounding headphones much more than I used to like 3-4 years ago.

Enjoy 'em in good health brother!

Sep 12, 2011 at 8:30 AM Post #5 of 11

Quote:

Yeah they can be a little harsh in the treble register once you get to the extremes, that and the wood goes through seasonal changes just like instruments made of wood too!

They'll sound great, and better later, but whats more important is your ears become tuned to appreciate them more, it's just a mental burn-in. For example even though I've gotten older (probably more deaf too), I appreciate much more analytical *boring* sounding headphones much more than I used to like 3-4 years ago.

Enjoy 'em in good health brother!

Thanks...enjoying 'em already!

Sep 26, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #7 of 11
Also picked up a set of MS-2s :)

Both are so sweeeeeet. I can't believe how smooth the MS-Pros are!!!

The MS-2s are prety darn nice as well!!!

My next purchase will be a set of Grado HF-2...

Sep 26, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #9 of 11
My HF2s sound more forward, louder and bassier than the MS Pro. But both are definitely excellent cans. =) Just sent my MS2i out to Symphones for Magnumizing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back