New headphones Recommendations
Jan 3, 2013 at 2:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

NickWest

New Head-Fier
Hello Everyone,

To begin with, I don't know much about headphones. But I'm looking for new headphones I previously had beats. Tired of them and want something new and better quality, with noise cancellation and very little or no sound leakage. Quiet the opposite from the beats, haha.
I listen to Pop,Hip-hop,rap and dance. So I want a good amount of bass, but not too much like the beats.
Budget would be around $300-350, if they are really good could go up a little more :) 

Thanks,

Nick

Jan 3, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi Nick

Firstly why do you want noise cancellation? What usage do you need them for? In my experience, noise cancellation is good for flying or any other similar environment where there is a constant low frequency sound that you want to block out. This however comes at the cost of reduced sound quality.

I have a pair of Bose QC15's which do this extremely well, however for sound quality I prefer my Momentum's or Amperiors. Both are good at isolation without noise cancellation tech and tbh, I use them a lot more. The QC15's are used for flying only these days.

Bass is full without being overpowering in both of the above btw.

Jan 4, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Hello Everyone,

To begin with, I don't know much about headphones. But I'm looking for new headphones I previously had beats. Tired of them and want something new and better quality, with noise cancellation and very little or no sound leakage. Quiet the opposite from the beats, haha.
I listen to Pop,Hip-hop,rap and dance. So I want a good amount of bass, but not too much like the beats.
Budget would be around $300-350, if they are really good could go up a little more :) 

Thanks,

Nick

Look into:

Logitech UE 6000
PolkAudio UltraFocus 8000
Vmoda M100
Parrot Zik

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back