New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Mar 29, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #31 of 2,616
  Sounds like a neat low-price option on the DAP market. They could have saved the space and cost for the bluetooth hardware, though. DAPs are a niche-product for cable lovers.

I don't want Bluetooth either but it's becoming the norm nowadays and a DAP might lose market share if the feature was missing.

they should've gone for balanced output :/ 

8gb version better be lot of cheaper than x5iii.

Is there any confirmation about lack of balanced out?

Mar 29, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #34 of 2,616
Dimensions are even smaller than X5iii, and dual Android and Pure Music mode are indicators of Hiby sw/fw which is pretty mature after all the FiiO/Cayin trials'n'errors.  Not quite sure about the reasoning behind 8GB (aluminum case) vs 64GB (stainless steel), unless there is a noticeable price difference, and as someone pointed out the aluminum version is cheaper than x5iii.  I hope AP200SS is priced closer to $400.  Don't quote me on this, but I could have swear reading somewhere about the rice of $350, and maybe that was in reference to aluminum 8GB version.  But than, I don't recall exactly where I read it.

Very intrigued!

Mar 29, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #36 of 2,616
  So is there a realistic possibility that this DAP materializes or will end like the announcement for the AP300 which has made a lot people loose trust in HiDizs announcements?

Demo units supposedly arriving mid April so I'm sure it's real.

Mar 29, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #37 of 2,616
I do not believe a single word from HiDizs until the AP200 is available in stores!

But what they show of it seems tempting. But so was it for the AP300 announcement where
they never admitted that the project is dead but just kept silent. 

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #38 of 2,616
  I do not believe a single word from HiDizs until the AP200 is available in stores!

But what they show of it seems tempting. But so was it for the AP300 announcement where
they never admitted that the project is dead but just kept silent. 

Perhaps the AP300 was postponed or scrapped due to the release of a competitors DAP that made it unviable in the market. That's just speculation on my part of course.

Mar 30, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #42 of 2,616
Mar 31, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #45 of 2,616
  It will also have a unique, pretty cool CNC stainless steel body shell.
Solid, cold, pure starght line!

Hmm stainless steel. I want that cold steel in my hand now.  
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back