New iMod for the iPod 5G: A Red Wine Audio/ALO Collaboration
Jun 13, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #421 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie R. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi krmathis,

My first attempt to mod Ken's 2nd generation Nano was a failure (I killed it
frown.gif
)

I might revisit modding the Nano in a few weeks... I really hate how small they are!
mad.gif

Vinnie

Damn!
Hope you try again, and that you have better luck this time. Then hopefully we will get more (than the current one) iMod nano's out there...

Can't wait.
cool.gif

Jun 14, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #422 of 456
Vinnie, hope you will succeed this time and it will turn in like(most compact iMod ipod available yet)
wink.gif

Jun 15, 2007 at 3:03 AM Post #423 of 456
biggrin.gif
Trose49 looks very busy with his iMod and we are waiting for after burning_in complete review. Please put review before my iMod arrive here then i won't be here(on this forum)for few weeks lol.

Jun 15, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #424 of 456
Still logging the hours!!! I have two cables so I have been switching back and forth. Its tough to log hours on a 30GB because I only have battery power and I dont want to keep draining the batt 100% because Ill kill it.

Sounds sick out of the box not to worry!
eek.gif

Jun 15, 2007 at 3:06 PM Post #425 of 456
Does iMod HJ sound quality improve over the stock ipod HJ?.

Jun 15, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #427 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie R. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Zarim,

The 5G/5.5G iMod not change the stock headphone jack output in any way... it remains stock. Only the line out is vastly improved.

All details can be found here:
http://www.redwineaudio.com/iMod.html

Best regards,

Vinnie

Beat me to it lol

Hey vinnie

Gotta let you hear the dt880 600 ohms with hr-2 and the imod

Ill bring it by one day

Jun 17, 2007 at 10:43 AM Post #429 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaDude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can I also purchase the 30GB iMod from ALO?
smily_headphones1.gif

Not sure if ALO sell them.
But according to iMod website Vinnie modify the 30GB as well: Quote:

iMod for 5th Generation iPods (all 5G/5.5G models)

Jun 17, 2007 at 12:30 PM Post #430 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaDude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can I also purchase the 30GB iMod from ALO?
smily_headphones1.gif

Have to send an email to ken but I think the 30GB have to be sent to Vinnie for modding.

It only makes sense to get 80GB if you know your modding from the get go. The lossless files take up lots of space.

If you already own a 30GB and want to save some cash then sent it in.

Just for info my 30GB has 982 songs at 27GB not much room left. Around 100 songs I figure +-

Jun 17, 2007 at 12:40 PM Post #431 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have to send an email to ken but I think the 30GB have to be sent to Vinnie for modding.

It only makes sense to get 80GB if you know your modding from the get go. The lossless files take up lots of space.

If you already own a 30GB and want to save some cash then sent it in.

Just for info my 30GB has 982 songs at 27GB not much room left. Around 100 songs I figure +-

I have about 3000 tracks of Apple Lossless on my 80 g iMod 5g with about 5 gig free.

BTW, I just completed an overnight battery test and mine went 12 hours to red with Apple Lossless and being unmolested by curious fingers.

Jun 17, 2007 at 12:54 PM Post #432 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have about 3000 tracks of Apple Lossless on my 80 g iMod 5g with about 5 gig free.

BTW, I just completed an overnight battery test and mine went 12 hours to red with Apple Lossless and being unmolested by curious fingers.

I use VBR dont know if that matters but sounds like you are getting a good return. All depends on the music some files much biggerthen others with VBR!

Jun 17, 2007 at 1:05 PM Post #433 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use VBR dont know if that matters but sounds like you are getting a good return. All depends on the music some files much biggerthen others with VBR!

My first setup when I got mine was with 300 vbr files (AAC) and then I compared them with Apple Lossless and have not look backwards from that comparison. For me it was not a subtle at all.

Jun 17, 2007 at 1:47 PM Post #434 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My first setup when I got mine was with 300 vbr files (AAC) and then I compared them with Apple Lossless and have not look backwards from that comparison. For me it was not a subtle at all.

I am using apple lossles I thought you could check VBR but you can not. my mistake.

Jun 17, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #435 of 456
I have an 8gb Nano that is dying to be modded.

I am not a reviewer (or a very analytical listener for that matter), but I can say with a great degree of certainty, that the 5g imod doesn't sound any worse than the 4g. It could be better than the 4g, but I usually get bored of the A/B test shortly after starting one- I just like to listen.

In any case, both sound fantastic, but I greatly prefer the form factor of the 5g.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back