New Inear Prophile-8
Sep 26, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #436 of 786
I always had the impression on Head-Fi that expensive is a feature that people are actually searching for, haha. Going by the local MSRP I actually find them reasonably priced but that might be different outside of Germany. I don't know what InEar is doing. The StageDiver 2 was already very popular in the hifi scene but it seems like the company does not focus on our market (too much). I do believe they attend most international shows, though.

Yeah in terms of pricing, it's actually quite reasonable compared to other TOTL IEMs even here in my country. So perhaps InEar didn't spend enough effort to market these in other parts of the world.

Sep 26, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #437 of 786
Regardless of "reference" tuning, I find the PP8 very "tunable". I increased the bass with the switch, and adjusted the lower midrange slightly. With this, I'm increasing the warmth slightly, without perceiving any change in the excellent soundstage, spatial characteristics, speed, and resolution. Relating to the latter, I feel that InEar accomplishes something very difficult; excellent resolution and sense of space with a smooth treble response.

Sep 27, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #438 of 786
Yeah in terms of pricing, it's actually quite reasonable compared to other TOTL IEMs even here in my country. So perhaps InEar didn't spend enough effort to market these in other parts of the world.
Having not tested them, I'm not commenting about price/performance ratio, they're just expensive because above 1k$, so they will remain a niche item.
It is the combination of this AND poor distribution/inability to demo that is actually preventing bigger success.

It is very different when you're in the lower or mid market, because then people are willing to take more risks buying based on reviews only (IT03 for instance).

Sep 27, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #439 of 786
I'm willing to risk and buy them without audition but they are really hard to get. They caught my attention in august but they were sold out on thomann until september. They were available on the beginning of the month but I've had other needs and couldn't afford it. I 've deceided that i'm buying them on the beginning of october but guess what, after 2-3 weeks they are sold out once again and this time until november. This situation is crazy for such an expensive iems, that aren't broadly known and they are on the market for almost a year now. Wow.

Sep 27, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #440 of 786
Having not tested them, I'm not commenting about price/performance ratio, they're just expensive because above 1k$, so they will remain a niche item.
It is the combination of this AND poor distribution/inability to demo that is actually preventing bigger success.

It is very different when you're in the lower or mid market, because then people are willing to take more risks buying based on reviews only (IT03 for instance).

There are a lot of companies with minimal to no presence on Head-Fi that seem to have no trouble staying in business. Hype and marketing works really weirdly around here, I'm kind of dubious about its relationship to the overall industry success.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #441 of 786
For all those who own the P8, be careful with handling them. I had them in my ears (not all the way inserted since I was in the office) and I was sitting at my desk when the left earphone fell out of my ear and landed on the desk. The distance from my ears to my desk is very short and somehow it managed to crack the earphone in half. I couldn't believe it when it happened. Very disappointing for such an expensive piece.

Prophile 8 - Ed Hsieh.JPG

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #443 of 786
For all those who own the P8, be careful with handling them. I had them in my ears (not all the way inserted since I was in the office) and I was sitting at my desk when the left earphone fell out of my ear and landed on the desk. The distance from my ears to my desk is very short and somehow it managed to crack the earphone in half. I couldn't believe it when it happened. Very disappointing for such an expensive piece.

Time for a reshell...

Sep 28, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #444 of 786

InEar can fix that. AFAIK it's not even expensive.

But more importantly: can you spot the numbers on the drivers? :D

Sep 29, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #446 of 786
InEar can fix that. AFAIK it's not even expensive.

But more importantly: can you spot the numbers on the drivers? :D

2 x DTEC or HODVTECs (not enough detail to see vents or not)
1 x TWFK
1 x SWFK

Is my best guess :)

Sep 29, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #448 of 786
I see Sonion woofers for sure. I'm pretty certain there is one Sonion 33AJ007i/9 and one Sonion 37A007. You might be right with one TWFK and one SWFK :)

you're right, i didn't see the pic below!

Sep 30, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #449 of 786
InEar just announced " Please welcome our new baby: ProPhile 8 „S“! Same stunning sound - smaller Shells! ". Very curious for the comaprison of the size with current model.

22069764_1850699358578273_6866971335512293376_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back