New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jan 14, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #7,895 of 8,377
  Thanks. So Roxanne's should be great for Rock!

Not to sound like a broken record
biggrin.gif
but as others have mentioned the Roxanne's are my go to iem's for a bit rock music..They will serve you well.

Jan 14, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #7,897 of 8,377
Jan 15, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #7,898 of 8,377
I ended up ordering another stock cable from JH Audio, they sound better than the old replacement cable I bought about a month ago. I was told that they've changed suppliers recently so that might have something to do with it. Hopefully these cables will last.

Jan 15, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #7,900 of 8,377

There least expensive model is $199 plus a $59.70 up charge for the Roxanne. I can't see spending $258.7 for a cable. I just can't see it.
I ended up ordering another stock cable from JH Audio, they sound better than the old replacement cable I bought about a month ago. I was told that they've changed suppliers recently so that might have something to do with it. Hopefully these cables will last.

This is probably the route I'll go.

Jan 15, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #7,901 of 8,377
  Rock is definitely its sweet spot. 

Oh, yes. I definitely agree. Among the IEMs that I've tried, only the K10 and the Zeus rival the Roxanne for sheer prowess in playing rock songs.

The Roxanne has this very sweet and velvety midrange that is fantastic for a lot of rock and pop, specifically 80s and 90s music.

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #7,902 of 8,377
I love the Roxanne for rock. Awesome.
I was also annoyed by Moon Audio when I bought mine. The included tiny philips screwdriver stripped the pots on the cable on the first try. Moon wanted me to ship back the cable at my expense and wait for a replacement. Not the kind of service I expect on a $1300 spend. I dug around in my tool box and found a flat screwdriver that actually worked with the pots and didn't bother getting the exchange. JHAudio wasn't very helpful either. I'm sure I'm not the first person to strip the pots with the clearly wrong included screwdriver. 

Jan 24, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #7,903 of 8,377
I love the Roxanne for rock. Awesome.
I was also annoyed by Moon Audio when I bought mine. The included tiny philips screwdriver stripped the pots on the cable on the first try. Moon wanted me to ship back the cable at my expense and wait for a replacement. Not the kind of service I expect on a $1300 spend. I dug around in my tool box and found a flat screwdriver that actually worked with the pots and didn't bother getting the exchange. JHAudio wasn't very helpful either. I'm sure I'm not the first person to strip the pots with the clearly wrong included screwdriver. 
Said it a few times here...moon audio has horrible customer service and consideration. They truly just want your money. Had three poor experiences myself and constantly read other unfortunate consumers experience here.

Jan 25, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #7,904 of 8,377
Actually I've always had great dealings with Moon Audio. I don't know what other issues were but they always answer my emails and generally they pick up the phone. Shipping has always been prompt.

I didn't buy my Roxannes there, but other items I have.

Jan 25, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #7,905 of 8,377
Actually I've always had great dealings with Moon Audio. I don't know what other issues were but they always answer my emails and generally they pick up the phone. Shipping has always been prompt.

I didn't buy my Roxannes there, but other items I have.

Like you, I did not get my Rox from Moon Audio. However, my dealings with them went well as well. 

Having heard & learnt about MA from feedback here and their posts here, I have bought stuff from them.

IME, Mr. Baird's replies to enquiries (via email) are patient & timely. Items were carefully packed, arrived in good shape... and are working fine. Shipping was rather quick... except that once, method was not as specified. Nevertheless, the item reached me faster than expected.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back