New Member Introductions thread
Jul 24, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #6,121 of 15,605
Hello All,

New member checking in from San Diego. Long time lurker, first time poster. Decided to finally sign up for an account when I upgraded my DAC / Amp to a Schiit stack recently.

Current Setup: Modi Multibit > Vali 2 > HD 598

Jul 24, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #6,122 of 15,605
Hello All,

New member checking in from San Diego. Long time lurker, first time poster. Decided to finally sign up for an account when I upgraded my DAC / Amp to a Schiit stack recently.

Current Setup: Modi Multibit > Vali 2 > HD 598
Welcome, @shwnwllms!! That is a nice setup you have--love the Modi Multibit. Watch your wallet around here. There are Forces Greater Than Us trying to separate you from it... ---)

Jul 25, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #6,123 of 15,605
Hi,

I have just bought AK100ii and paired with fitear a111. But it feels the sound presentation is dark and instruments feels congested when compared to previous paring with UE900s. I would like to know if a change in cable would improve the soundstage. For my case, from 3.5mm of original fitear 001 cable to 2.5mm balanced ALO audio SXC cable. Please give me opinions.

Jul 25, 2017 at 4:17 AM Post #6,124 of 15,605
Hi everybody. My name is Nevi, and I have first recently started to use Dragonfly DACs. One of my friends had bought the black one to his Iphone 7. And when I heard how good it was, I bought both the black and the red to my Sony Z5 compact. I use NAD HP 50 headphones, and the sound is better than I had ever thought it could be on a smartphone.:)

Jul 25, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #6,125 of 15,605
Hello,

My first post here. I've been pursuing this passion now for about 2-3 years. As far as headphones go I've had & still have the following:
B&W P7
B&W P7 Wireless
B&W P9 (still have)
Sennheiser Hd 598
Sennheiser Hd700
Sennheiser Hd800s
Fostex TH900MKII
Ultrasone ProDJ-moon audio black dragon mod
JH Audio 16V2 Pro IEM - moon audio silver dragon (on order)

DAC/Headphone Amp
Centrance Dacport
Oppo HA2se
Chord Mojo(Still have)
Chord Hugo2 - moon audio on order

Anyways, glad to be part of this forum. I've been reading the forum and reviews for about a year now. I'm looking forward to reviewing products and as you can see above I like buying them too.

Thanks,

Frank

Jul 25, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #6,126 of 15,605
Hey,

Not a fan of making my own thread so I'll just post here. Anyway I've only 2 yrs experience in this hobby and been visiting different community like this for a while but I've just decided to make account here in a whim.

My current gears right now he400i, Magni and modi 2, Orion, ve monk and v20. I've been considering getting paterre or tg334 as an upgrade for my orion.

Jul 25, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #6,127 of 15,605
Hi everyone ...

I'm Kami and I'm a musicphile: I listen to anything that's good (to my ears), from early British punk to reggae to blues & jazz to classical on authentic instruments. My favorites are Van Morrison, Bob Marley, Beethoven, Tom Waits and Joni Mitchell. I also listen to a lot of "world" music, eg Fado (Portuguese blues), gypsy flamenco and Western African blues (griot). I LOOOOVE music.

Due to my science/computer background, I'm a bit skeptical of some audio claims but recognize and respect the very subjective nature of music and thus of audio. So, I accept that some enjoy the slightly distorted sound of tube amps but that sound distracts me from the acousticness of the music. Similarly, I can easily see that the Sennheisers are excellent headphones, they just don't work for me and I prefer B&W headphones which many find bland. But my true love is Stax earspeakers, esp. my ole trusted SR-80 Pro from 20 years ago. I'm in heaven when I put on my Stax headphones, spin Mozart's Requiem played on period instruments by ORR, MC & ES led by John E. Gardiner, recline in my zero gravity chair, close my eyes and forget Man and all the man-made dizzaaztas :wink:

I'm in the market for Stax L700 coupled with 252S or 353X .... cash ready if only Stax cares enough to respond .....helloooooooo, any one there .....

Jul 25, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #6,128 of 15,605
HELP BUYING STAX L700
Anyone knows of a store in the US that sells Stax headphones? I'm looking to buy the L700 earspeakers and either the 252S or 353X amp. Stax prices are $1,785 or $2,350, respectively.
I see a few Stax items on eBay but all are from sellers in Japan (voltage issue and slow delivery). There are even fewer ones listed on Amazon and none matches what I want. I even contacted a few Canadian stores and no response yet.
The website for Stax (staxusa.com) has been down for days now (some certificate error) and rarely worked in the past few weeks. Their listed US distributor, RPD Ltd, has no website and not even a phone number!!!

Jul 25, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #6,129 of 15,605
Hi guys,

I've been a long time lurker of these forums and finally decided to become a bit more active part of the community.

I listen to a good bunch of different genres which includes: Metal (most sub-genres), Classical, Folk, Electronic (EDM, Trap...), Jazz, Rock (mostly Post-rock), Shoegaze, among others.

My wallet has been sorry since I started this hobby and I guess it will become depressive very soon. Every new headphone I buy I want to keep for something specific, so I'm becoming a hoarder too. Anyway, prospects aren't good but let's hope for the best.

Jul 25, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #6,130 of 15,605
Hi guys,

I've been a long time lurker of these forums and finally decided to become a bit more active part of the community.

I listen to a good bunch of different genres which includes: Metal (most sub-genres), Classical, Folk, Electronic (EDM, Trap...), Jazz, Rock (mostly Post-rock), Shoegaze, among others.

My wallet has been sorry since I started this hobby and I guess it will become depressive very soon. Every new headphone I buy I want to keep for something specific, so I'm becoming a hoarder too. Anyway, prospects aren't good but let's hope for the best.
Welcome, @MerlimDC!! Be strong... ---)

Jul 26, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #6,131 of 15,605
Welcome, @shwnwllms!! That is a nice setup you have--love the Modi Multibit. Watch your wallet around here. There are Forces Greater Than Us trying to separate you from it... ---)

You don't have to tell me that, it's been a lot lighter lately. Just pulled the trigger on some new HD650s. Long overdue for an upgrade on my cans anyway.

Jul 26, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #6,134 of 15,605
You Are Everybody !!! From 'DriveShaft/LOST' lol!!! Joined awhile ago after forever frequently coming here as a guest to learn and want to now officially start asking questions to keep learning. Did post once but couldn't find a way to upload some graphs for calibrating an IEM. Did I miss something in the wiki's? I just can't seem to grasp how to interpret them into an EQ. To everyone the kindest of regards and best of all wishes!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back