New Member Introductions thread
Jan 4, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #9,243 of 15,608
Welcome all new Headfiers,

Hope your 2019 is a good year for your exploration into portable audio world...

Apologies to your wallets in advance !

Everyone have a great day !

Jan 4, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #9,246 of 15,608
Hello everyone! I've lurked on head-fi for a couple of years now but only just decided to create account.

I've been in the headphone game for about 6 years at this point and my current daily drivers are my A18s for portable use and Susvaras at home.

I'm currently looking for an amp to pair with my susvara and am leaning towards picking up a XI Audio Formula S, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

I hope to see more of these familiar faces around!

Jan 4, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #9,248 of 15,608
Hello! :vulcan:

Alan here, medical device electrical/systems engineer, author, and troublemaker. I’ve been entranced by audio gear, particularly speakers and headphones, since I tried a Stax unit back in high school (40 years ago!) and the sound broke my brain. Couldn’t afford a pair of Stax back then, and my life has been incomplete ever since. Now I can afford ‘em but it might be more fun to build some electrostatic cans instead, and this site seems to be a treasure trove of information and smart people.

Jan 4, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #9,249 of 15,608
Hello everyone! I've lurked on head-fi for a couple of years now but only just decided to create account.

I've been in the headphone game for about 6 years at this point and my current daily drivers are my A18s for portable use and Susvaras at home.

I'm currently looking for an amp to pair with my susvara and am leaning towards picking up a XI Audio Formula S, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

I hope to see more of these familiar faces around!

Welcome @ManWithoutAPlan,

Great name by the way.

Unfortunately, don't have any experience with Xi Audio Formula S but can offer a few options which might suit you, budget permitting, of course.

Rupert Neve RNHP
Cavalli Tube Hybird
Cavalli Liquid Carbon X
Loxjie P 20
Burson Soloist MK2
Presonus HP 4

As a final note, you don't need to be kiasu &/or kuncheong & get all unless you want to :p though I'm sure your wallet will eventually cry anyway which is not necessarily a bad thing as long as you are happy...

Anyway, the only one I don't have on the list but have demo extensively is Soloist MK2.

Hope you have a great day !

Jan 5, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #9,250 of 15,608
Greetings!

I've been a lurker for a loooong time (like, more than a decade, lol). But recently I've noticed that I'm spending way too much time at the site, so I figured it's an opportune time to create an account & maybe ask a question or two ...

Anyways, I'm looking forward to being a part of this amazing community!

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #9,251 of 15,608
Welcome @Windseeker,

Apologies to your wallet in advance, welcome to the place where you may constantly apologise to said wallet.

Jan 5, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #9,252 of 15,608
Welcome @Windseeker,

Apologies to your wallet in advance, welcome to the place where you may constantly apologise to said wallet.

Thank you! I somehow have a feeling that your kind predeiction (?) concerning my wallet may be well placed...:dt880smile:

Jan 5, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #9,253 of 15,608
Welcome @ManWithoutAPlan,

Great name by the way.

Unfortunately, don't have any experience with Xi Audio Formula S but can offer a few options which might suit you, budget permitting, of course.

Rupert Neve RNHP
Cavalli Tube Hybird
Cavalli Liquid Carbon X
Loxjie P 20
Burson Soloist MK2
Presonus HP 4

As a final note, you don't need to be kiasu &/or kuncheong & get all unless you want to :p though I'm sure your wallet will eventually cry anyway which is not necessarily a bad thing as long as you are happy...

Anyway, the only one I don't have on the list but have demo extensively is Soloist MK2.

Thank you very much for your suggestions! I'll definitely try to demo as many of those as possible before making my purchase.

I'm still not quite sure where to find those in Singapore yet, but maybe I'll get the chance at the upcoming can jam. (If I can hold out that long of course)

My wallet is already crying, just gotta see what kind of abuse it can still take :)

Jan 5, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #9,254 of 15,608
Hello! New guy here. I've been lurking and reading on this site for years. Have purchased quite a few headphones and amps based on what I've read. Seems like a lot of smart and passionate people here. I'm mainly looking to expand my collection into iems, daps and portable amps. I look forward to picking your brains and learning as much as I can.

Jan 5, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #9,255 of 15,608
Hi, Andrew here. I live in NY and was just gifted a Grado SR325e the other day, so I guess I am joining the club through no fault of mine. :)

I don't have any other gear at the moment except for our home audio equipment. I can definitely tell the sound being clearer coming out of it than from my iPhone but that's not much of a comparison.

I would love to go to a local event and try out gears. If you know any, please hook me up.

Peace.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back