New Member Introductions thread
Feb 3, 2024 at 7:56 AM Post #15,286 of 15,587
Hi everyone, I find myself frequently visiting this site to research my next wishlist IEMs and other gear, prompting me to finally register for an account. I've had the pleasure of owning the original Koss Pro4AA headphones, although mine succumbed to wear and tear years ago. Fortunately, I inherited my dad's set a couple of years back and refreshed them with new cushions and listen to them sparingly to reminisce. Approximately 80% of my headphone collection consists of finds from FB Marketplace, Craigslist, eBay (specifically refurbished or from liquidation stores), or pawn shops. My high-end setup includes a Topping Dx3pro+ (new) and a pair of Sennheiser HD660S (eBay open box), primarily used for streaming or playing FLAC files from my MacBook via USB to the Topping. Additionally, I acquired a used Cambridge Audio DVD89, notable for being their first model with HDMI compatibility, ideal for playing CDs, SA-CDs (planning to get some), and DVDs. My most recent acquisition is a gently used S.M.S.L S200 HP amp paired with the SU-1 DAC, which I'm planning to take to work. Recently, I added Boom 2 to my MacBook for enhanced EQ control. For my workplace listening, I rely on a Linux box, hence the integration of the S.M.S.L. gear into my setup there. Now I just need to get EasyEffects (successor to PulseEffects) installed on that system for some EQ.
I have several sets of IEM's I have picked over the last couple of years: Truthear Zero Red & Blue + Hola, some KZ's ZS10 Pro X, CCA CRA with Rhapsody and Trio sets on the way. And a couple more include Moondrop Chu II & 1More Quadriver (NIB pawn shop).
Looking forward to getting some advice and reading what others recommend in gear.

Tim
Welcome!

Feb 3, 2024 at 10:01 AM Post #15,287 of 15,587
Hi everyone, I find myself frequently visiting this site to research my next wishlist IEMs and other gear, prompting me to finally register for an account. I've had the pleasure of owning the original Koss Pro4AA headphones, although mine succumbed to wear and tear years ago. Fortunately, I inherited my dad's set a couple of years back and refreshed them with new cushions and listen to them sparingly to reminisce. Approximately 80% of my headphone collection consists of finds from FB Marketplace, Craigslist, eBay (specifically refurbished or from liquidation stores), or pawn shops. My high-end setup includes a Topping Dx3pro+ (new) and a pair of Sennheiser HD660S (eBay open box), primarily used for streaming or playing FLAC files from my MacBook via USB to the Topping. Additionally, I acquired a used Cambridge Audio DVD89, notable for being their first model with HDMI compatibility, ideal for playing CDs, SA-CDs (planning to get some), and DVDs. My most recent acquisition is a gently used S.M.S.L S200 HP amp paired with the SU-1 DAC, which I'm planning to take to work. Recently, I added Boom 2 to my MacBook for enhanced EQ control. For my workplace listening, I rely on a Linux box, hence the integration of the S.M.S.L. gear into my setup there. Now I just need to get EasyEffects (successor to PulseEffects) installed on that system for some EQ.
I have several sets of IEM's I have picked over the last couple of years: Truthear Zero Red & Blue + Hola, some KZ's ZS10 Pro X, CCA CRA with Rhapsody and Trio sets on the way. And a couple more include Moondrop Chu II & 1More Quadriver (NIB pawn shop).
Looking forward to getting some advice and reading what others recommend in gear.

Tim
Welcome. Not sure you can find at a pawn shop unless its in Miami or New York but.... Sennheiser ie900. Dont need to spend a ton of money or time messing with anything else.

Feb 3, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #15,288 of 15,587
Hi there. My name is Tom. Kind of getting back into Hi-Fi through headphones. Pretty big into tube gear previously. (tube amp, pre-amp, and DAC, back when a DAC would get puzzled looks from most!) I got a Fiio X5 years ago, but never listened much. Running Beyerdynamic DT-1990 Pro's or Audio Technica (something) with the X5. I had been solely home theater for a while after parting ways with two-channel stuff. I have a few questions that I'd to ask, but this isn't the appropriate forum and I need to comment on a few threads to gain privileges.

Feb 3, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #15,289 of 15,587
Hi there. My name is Tom. Kind of getting back into Hi-Fi through headphones. Pretty big into tube gear previously. (tube amp, pre-amp, and DAC, back when a DAC would get puzzled looks from most!) I got a Fiio X5 years ago, but never listened much. Running Beyerdynamic DT-1990 Pro's or Audio Technica (something) with the X5. I had been solely home theater for a while after parting ways with two-channel stuff. I have a few questions that I'd to ask, but this isn't the appropriate forum and I need to comment on a few threads to gain privileges.
Welcome. Im just getting into head audio as well but went kinda nuts in thr past year and learned alot. Also come from 2 channel ht world... my dad and I both have big ht 2 channel hybrid setups. Krell + B&W mainly. He has Mac too but we both prefer the big boy Krells.

Feb 3, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #15,290 of 15,587
Welcome. Im just getting into head audio as well but went kinda nuts in thr past year and learned alot. Also come from 2 channel ht world... my dad and I both have big ht 2 channel hybrid setups. Krell + B&W mainly. He has Mac too but we both prefer the big boy Krells.
I like Krell gear and other good solid state stuff too. I had an opportunity to pick up a “little” Krell (KSA-50?) years ago for a great deal, but was between jobs and didn’t have the cash. Still makes me a little sad. I used to run a tube Mac tuner (MR-71?) that I absolutely regret selling!

Feb 3, 2024 at 9:19 PM Post #15,293 of 15,587
Hello,

My name is Frank and I'm a Headphone Addict, or so it's starting to seem like that. Just getting into headphones and wanted to say what a great site this is. It's already helped me in my first tube amp purchase and headphone upgrade
L3000.gif
Welcome!

Feb 3, 2024 at 10:57 PM Post #15,294 of 15,587
🤔 ... er, HeavenM ... Denon Frank posted almost ten years ago ... 😳😜

Feb 5, 2024 at 1:25 AM Post #15,297 of 15,587
Hello to everyone, just arrived here and enjoying all the great content. Been a audiophile for quite a while and now starting to make some gear acquisitions again (took a break for a while). My taste in music is all over the map depending on the day and mood. Thinking I need another set of full size, closed back headphones to compliment my DCA Aeon 2. The Focal Radiance has my attention currently. Fun times ahead.

Feb 5, 2024 at 5:36 AM Post #15,298 of 15,587
Hello to everyone, just arrived here and enjoying all the great content. Been a audiophile for quite a while and now starting to make some gear acquisitions again (took a break for a while). My taste in music is all over the map depending on the day and mood. Thinking I need another set of full size, closed back headphones to compliment my DCA Aeon 2. The Focal Radiance has my attention currently. Fun times ahead.
Welcome!

Feb 7, 2024 at 5:39 AM Post #15,300 of 15,587
Hello everyone, I have been visiting and learning from this forum for years now. I never thought about joining because I thought I had nothing to contribute. Went to the last CanJam SoCal, had a blast, and decided to join the forum later, so here I am. I am interested in DACs, headphones, headphone amplifiers, and IEMs. For about a year I found myself more interested and enjoying portable amps and IEMs. I also began to pay attention to how cables, ear tips, and even ear pads affect my listening experience. I am pretty open-minded and respect everyone's opinion. I am looking forward to connecting with people here who share the same passion I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back