New Member Introductions thread
Feb 7, 2024 at 7:13 AM Post #15,301 of 15,587
Hello everyone, I have been visiting and learning from this forum for years now. I never thought about joining because I thought I had nothing to contribute. Went to the last CanJam SoCal, had a blast, and decided to join the forum later, so here I am. I am interested in DACs, headphones, headphone amplifiers, and IEMs. For about a year I found myself more interested and enjoying portable amps and IEMs. I also began to pay attention to how cables, ear tips, and even ear pads affect my listening experience. I am pretty open-minded and respect everyone's opinion. I am looking forward to connecting with people here who share the same passion I do.
Welcome!

Feb 7, 2024 at 11:16 AM Post #15,302 of 15,587
Hello, as recommended for a start, here's my first post.

My name's Indy and I'm from Switzerland. My father did spread the audio enthusiasm virus and I definitely got quickly infected when I was a teenager with little financial funds.

Nevertheless, it all is about the music I love and clearly prefer listening to in the best possible quality.

That said, headphones have always been a second best way to reach that goal. The home stereo hi-fi setup has so far bested my headphones in holographic 3D soundscape. It's difficult to technically imagine a headphone reaching that very same quality.

But when listening to music requires headphones, I'm glad to miss as little as possible.

Born in 1968, I grew up with the first generation of Sony Walkmen and later I spent an arm and a leg for the WMDD II model. The headphones were crapish, but so was the audio cassette. Still loads of fun.

To not disturb at home, I recorded my mixtapes on a double tapedeck using better on ear headphones (dad's).

While studying, a side job brought funds and once a decent enough stereo setup was my own, I did aquire the over-ear headphones I could reasonably justify to spend money for towards the end of the 80ies:

Revox KH 3100. I believe them to be rebranded (and maybe tuned by Revox) Beyerdynamic 880s. I still have them today and find them still absolutely fulfilling all my needs.

Recently, I wished for a better set of IEMs (to replace some Sennheiser CX300s), and read through many threads here on head-fi. I'm thankful to all the contributors here and the Simgot EA500 I finally got are as good as my Revox.

Looking forward to contribute some more in the near future (waiting for approval).

Feb 7, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #15,304 of 15,587
Hello everyone, I have been visiting and learning from this forum for years now. I never thought about joining because I thought I had nothing to contribute. Went to the last CanJam SoCal, had a blast, and decided to join the forum later, so here I am. I am interested in DACs, headphones, headphone amplifiers, and IEMs. For about a year I found myself more interested and enjoying portable amps and IEMs. I also began to pay attention to how cables, ear tips, and even ear pads affect my listening experience. I am pretty open-minded and respect everyone's opinion. I am looking forward to connecting with people here who share the same passion I do.
Welcome, I am looking forward to attending my first CanJam soon.

Feb 7, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #15,305 of 15,587
Hello, as recommended for a start, this is my first post for all of you.

My name is Maurizio, I live in Rome and I love listening to the music (Jazz, Soul, Groove, R&B) with my headphones due to restrictions related to the space availability at home. Grado are my preferred Headphones (among others) paired with iBasso, A&K, Hiby, FIIO DAP. Tidal is my preferred service.

Looking forward to comment and post other topics.

Thanks to all.

Feb 7, 2024 at 4:46 PM Post #15,306 of 15,587
Hello, as recommended for a start, this is my first post for all of you.

My name is Maurizio, I live in Rome and I love listening to the music (Jazz, Soul, Groove, R&B) with my headphones due to restrictions related to the space availability at home. Grado are my preferred Headphones (among others) paired with iBasso, A&K, Hiby, FIIO DAP. Tidal is my preferred service.

Looking forward to comment and post other topics.

Thanks to all.
Welcome !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back