New Questyle CMA400i
May 13, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #814 of 1,014
Hi! I was wondering if there's been any update on the issue while changing inputs mentioned in the thread, has been solved somehow? is it an issue found in all units? I've read all the thread and nobody comments its performance as a preamp, any comments:)?

Thanks!

May 14, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #815 of 1,014
Hey, my CMA400i started switching between DAC and AMP with a click sound on its own. 1st my USB input started dying out and now this. I don't think this thing has much life in it and Questyle support consists of ignoring you until you stop emailing them. damn $800 down the drain. This was the only thing that my wife grabbed for me during the Camp Fire late last year. I loved this amp while it lasted but like I said I don't think it has much life left.

May 14, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #816 of 1,014
Hey, my CMA400i started switching between DAC and AMP with a click sound on its own. 1st my USB input started dying out and now this. I don't think this thing has much life in it and Questyle support consists of ignoring you until you stop emailing them. damn $800 down the drain. This was the only thing that my wife grabbed for me during the Camp Fire late last year. I loved this amp while it lasted but like I said I don't think it has much life left.
I have gotten someone at Questyle to respond after way too much trying. My unit has been in California since last Monday being tested, so if everything goes well I might have a good contact for you. I'm honestly still not sure how good the service is gonna be, my representative has been in and out of the hospital recently and I haven't been given anyone else's email so communications is a bit lacking, so I'll test it with my unit before getting yours sucked into it as well.

May 14, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #817 of 1,014
I have gotten someone at Questyle to respond after way too much trying. My unit has been in California since last Monday being tested, so if everything goes well I might have a good contact for you. I'm honestly still not sure how good the service is gonna be, my representative has been in and out of the hospital recently and I haven't been given anyone else's email so communications is a bit lacking, so I'll test it with my unit before getting yours sucked into it as well.

I don't know what to do here. Like I said I lost everything in the Camp Fire in Paradise California. When you lose everything but one thing that thing becomes special in ways I can not explain to you. I am no longer homeless but things are really rough for me. Again, I just don't know what to do here. I am really hoping that this touches someone's heart here and they help me out.

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #818 of 1,014
I don't know what to do here. Like I said I lost everything in the Camp Fire in Paradise California. When you lose everything but one thing that thing becomes special in ways I can not explain to you. I am no longer homeless but things are really rough for me. Again, I just don't know what to do here. I am really hoping that this touches someone's heart here and they help me out.
I feel your pain, I lost gear a few years ago in a hurricane. I'll PM you with the info I have on their US based service center in the hopes that they can help.

May 14, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #819 of 1,014

Man it seems like the CMA400i is great looking unit but quality is a bit off. I have a similar story and mine got shipped off for repair. We’ll see if it happens and I get it back. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #820 of 1,014
I’m sorry to hear that, I wish much strength to overcome this situation!

May 16, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #821 of 1,014
Ok since waiting a week for confirmation and still no support, here's my problem

I have unfortunate experience lately with this CMA400i DAC, this DAC cannot be detected at all with USB port, coaxial and other port seems fine (been tested already), When connected to USB port, LED indicator remains in Unlock Position

We bring the unit to local service center, they chekeced and said 90% probability the broken part is XMOS chip of the unit, but there's possibility the other part also need to be fixed as well, they afraid other internal parts also have malfunction because of this

If i chose route to fix this on local service center, it will void the warranty but the process is taking about 2 weeks, i;m worrid about questyle warranty, they said it can took about 3 months for this to get fixed by them

But, Fortunately the unit still under warranty (5 months left)

My question is :

1. How's good Questyle warranty ? How long for this to be fixed ? anyone with same experience ?
2. Should i let the unit got repaired by service center or just send this unit back to questyle ?
3. How come the XMOS broken, what's cause of it ? it's common for this XMOS chip to be broken that easily ? is replacing XMOS will warranty the unit will be fix and this will not happened again ?

May 16, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #822 of 1,014
Ok since waiting a week for confirmation and still no support, here's my problem

I have unfortunate experience lately with this CMA400i DAC, this DAC cannot be detected at all with USB port, coaxial and other port seems fine (been tested already), When connected to USB port, LED indicator remains in Unlock Position

We bring the unit to local service center, they chekeced and said 90% probability the broken part is XMOS chip of the unit, but there's possibility the other part also need to be fixed as well, they afraid other internal parts also have malfunction because of this

If i chose route to fix this on local service center, it will void the warranty but the process is taking about 2 weeks, i;m worrid about questyle warranty, they said it can took about 3 months for this to get fixed by them

But, Fortunately the unit still under warranty (5 months left)

My question is :

1. How's good Questyle warranty ? How long for this to be fixed ? anyone with same experience ?
2. Should i let the unit got repaired by service center or just send this unit back to questyle ?
3. How come the XMOS broken, what's cause of it ? it's common for this XMOS chip to be broken that easily ? is replacing XMOS will warranty the unit will be fix and this will not happened again ?
Do you have the drivers installed? If so there are a few things to consider before sending it to Questyle for repair:
-you must have the invoice from where you purchased it, with the serial number of the unit on it(mine didnt have that and they will more than likely not provide service under warranty)
-Their warranty service is really slow, it's a one man operation for US units, not sure how it will be for you. It willprobably take just as long if not more to get it repaired by questyle, mines been there for almost 2 weeks already and nothing has been touched and it's just starting to be tested
-i cant comment on the xmos chip issue as mine was a channel imbalance issue. My guess is any outside service will void the warranty in total but like I said above it really isn't worth much and local service might be your best bet anyways

May 16, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #823 of 1,014
Do you have the drivers installed? If so there are a few things to consider before sending it to Questyle for repair:
-you must have the invoice from where you purchased it, with the serial number of the unit on it(mine didnt have that and they will more than likely not provide service under warranty)
-Their warranty service is really slow, it's a one man operation for US units, not sure how it will be for you. It willprobably take just as long if not more to get it repaired by questyle, mines been there for almost 2 weeks already and nothing has been touched and it's just starting to be tested
-i cant comment on the xmos chip issue as mine was a channel imbalance issue. My guess is any outside service will void the warranty in total but like I said above it really isn't worth much and local service might be your best bet anyways

- Yes, i did installed the driver, already check it also to local service center, USB connection died for sure, 94% they sure it because of XMOS CHIP Faulty
- Gee, that long ? then i will consider repair to my local shop then
- Yep, we have different issue, mine with USB and this they said regarding XMOS chip, the chip malfunction cause it can't be detected through USB port, other port and connection tested well and fine, i hope you can get your unit back soon

I will update later, the XMOS CHIP and repair cost are about 110$, hope it will not take long to fix it, they said it will takes 1 week to fix it.

May 16, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #824 of 1,014
@TommyFro and my experiences are based out of the US and you're in Indonesia. Not sure how good or bad your support is over there, but before you have your local shop work on it, you might want to hit up the Facebook Questyle Indonesia site to see if they can help you:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Questyle-Audio-Indonesia-199522937222364/posts/

The Facebook Questyle USA site is where I've had the most luck getting someone to reply to me. Still very slow service response, but at least it's a response.

May 16, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #825 of 1,014
@TommyFro and my experiences are based out of the US and you're in Indonesia. Not sure how good or bad your support is over there, but before you have your local shop work on it, you might want to hit up the Facebook Questyle Indonesia site to see if they can help you:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Questyle-Audio-Indonesia-199522937222364/posts/

The Facebook Questyle USA site is where I've had the most luck getting someone to reply to me. Still very slow service response, but at least it's a response.

Wow thanks, it's work, thanks a lot, i didnot get those info from my seller (the 2nd owner), i didnot know they can be reached at facebook, i'm still trying settle this then, i will update the result later :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back