New Questyle CMA400i
Jun 14, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #841 of 1,014
Hi All,
I need some help with the sudden issue with my CMA400i on my Mac mini suddenly the sound cuts off and the Xcore goes out from output devices, if I turn off and turn the CMA400i than it comes again but afer few minutes of playback again disappears from sound devices. Is anyone facing on mac mini runing high sierra version 10.13.6 build.

Thanks.

Jun 18, 2019 at 3:58 AM Post #842 of 1,014
I can confirm the service issues. My unit had a channel imbalance and buzz from all of the headphone outputs. My unit has been in California for nearly 2 months and the last contact that I had with them was 3 weeks ago as of today. The experiences that I and another user I have been in contact with, who's unit is also in the service center, have had has been less than fun. I will create a post about the service issues after everything is all said and done. Who knows, at this point anything might surprise me. Not exactly the service I would expect for an $800 unit. Pretty much accepted the thing is a total loss.

(not sure if this is allowed so I will remove if needed)
Well, if anyone wants the clear top and stand for their unit I'm selling mine and you can PM for info. Might as well let someone else enjoy how the unit looks set up instead of having them collect dust.

Same with me here, can confirm it too, not only you, in SouthEastAsia as well, my unit being left in dust for a while now in the Shop waiting to be picked up by Representative sales (getting picked up process, not being repair yet), it's about a month++ now... still no update from them yet.., will be on worst case probably 4-6months i;m afraid just to fix the unit, i will update as well once it's clear..

updated : now the unit being picked up, waiting repairing process, will update once it's done

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #844 of 1,014
can anyone please provide questyle support email, I have sent several email to info@questyleaudio.com but no response, very poor service and make me wonder I should never buy Questyle product again.
Welcome to my personal hell. My unit has been with Questyle since May 6th and the last communication I had with Bruce, their USA representative, was on May 22nd. Having gotten nothing in over 2 months myself and another user I have been in contact with who is also stuck in this hell have pretty much given up hope on receiving our units back. If you have your unit still I would recommend taking it to a local audio repair place because Questyle doesn't seem to care about those who send their units in for repair. Sorry I couldn't give you much hopeful information but I cannot recommend anyone buy Questyle anything until they get their act together.

A few of us are going to put our combined experiences together about Questyle's service nightmare in the near future, if anyone has anything they want to add to this they can PM me. Hopefully with a few more people we can get them to change and actually provide service on their units.

Jul 20, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #847 of 1,014
What a pity, I really like the questyle design and after reading the review I thought this could be the upgrade I am looking for. Questyle obviously didn’t plan to provide after sale service which to me is a deal breaker. I have always been skeptical of Chinese product, they just don’t last.

Jul 20, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #848 of 1,014
What a pity, I really like the questyle design and after reading the review I thought this could be the upgrade I am looking for. Questyle obviously didn’t plan to provide after sale service which to me is a deal breaker. I have always been skeptical of Chinese product, they just don’t last.
People need to experience it themselves before they understand. My case as well.

Worst case, cut your losses and move on.

Jul 21, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #849 of 1,014
When did you get the RMA? It would be very poor of them to still be accepting RMA's when they haven't been working with those who have their units already in service.... Sounds more like a scam than a reputable company

In May. They were going to give me a free RMA do to me being a Camp Fire victim. My CMA400i was the only thing my wife saved of mine. Litterally everything of mine burnt down and my CMA400i has become sentimental. It was your comments and others who scared me away from sending it in and here we are a few month later and you still have to gotten your unit back.

Jul 21, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #850 of 1,014
In May. They were going to give me a free RMA do to me being a Camp Fire victim. My CMA400i was the only thing my wife saved of mine. Litterally everything of mine burnt down and my CMA400i has become sentimental. It was your comments and others who scared me away from sending it in and here we are a few month later and you still have to gotten your unit back.
Oh yeah, I remember your story. Hopefully everything is going well for you. I wish I had better news Questyle wise, unfortunately everything on their site goes through one email and no one seems to check it. I'll keep pestering them, I want my unit back now even if they didn't fix it. I'll keep everyone updated if I get anywhere but I'm not too hopeful.

Jul 27, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #851 of 1,014
Hey guys, new 400i owner here!
I managed to pick up a mint used one for €400. And terminated my stock hd800 cable with a xlr plug. Dahm ive been missing something last 2 years. My cans are glued to my skull :dt880smile: can't take em off

Jul 28, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #852 of 1,014

Ok i know its almost a year later.. i see u sold your 400i and kept hugo mojo.. i just chose the 400i after comparing just these gear.
Did you had a specific reason?

Jul 28, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #853 of 1,014
I wouldnt get your hopes up on getting a response at all, my 400i had a problem with the gain switches underneath leading to imbalance on high gain. 3 months i spent trying to contact them and anyone i though related could help with no replies what so ever, i gave up when i realized there was no customer support and decided to return the 400i and never purchase from Questyle again.

Ah i was reading further it anwered my q. Thats a bummer. Did u actually toggle those switches often?

Jul 29, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #855 of 1,014
Did anyone by now found a solution to the switching input > low volume issue? Which resets with flipping on/off switch.
Questyle hasnt answered on this sofar?
I red more times here about it. And my unit does it too. So guess its a design/ firmware thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back