New Shure top-tier IEMs
Jan 21, 2010 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Burma Jones

100+ Head-Fier
Hello Everyone,
Shure will be launching two new IEMs to replace their SE 420 & SE 530. The two models are named SE 425 & SE 535 . There are a couple of minor changes to the design that yeild a huge improvement in SQ , according to a owner of a pair of E 500 who brought his own rigs to the CES. First , the cable is completely redesign , it is now detachable with gold plated plugs on both ends and can swival around freely. Second , the sillicone tips have been replaced with tips made of sorbothane which have better seal and comfort. As far as I understand, the configuration of the actual monitor of both IEMs remains the same, although they both have slimmer bodies than their predecessor. Also there is no information from Shure if they are tuned differently. However, according to a Spokesman from Shure the new IEMs will have substantially more open, transparent and detail sound. Both new IEMs will be launch in the summer of 2010 with the SE 425 at $299 USD MSRP and the SE 535 at $499 USD MSRP. For further info you can all check out the article at AVguide.com by Chris Martin - Jan 13, 2010.

Jan 21, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #2 of 3
This has been posting several times.

Jan 21, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #3 of 3
The description sounds exactly what the W2 and W3 currently sound like.

I loved the SE530 so much I bought it twice. But I think it sounds dated and Shure has been behind the curve in IEM's. Considering IEM's only constitute about 10% of their gross sales, I would not be surprised if they spun it off to another company some day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back