NEW!!! The Chord Mojo2 @TTVJAudio.com
Jan 31, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #16 of 56
No 4.4mm?! Heartbreak 2022

Am glad some companies remain committed to single end- there are already plenty of BAL-prioritizing options available (often with subpar SE).

Though I do like the trend of including multiple connector options- if something's going to have two outlets anyways it probably wouldn't hurt to have one be SE 4.4 seeing as it's fairly common (but then you could also make the case for 2.5 or even 6.3 and 4-pin XLR, considering Mojo's output power)

Jan 31, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #17 of 56
Bought a MOJO in November 2015 and it has served me well since. Although the price at the time was rather dear it proved to be a good value. The MOJO 2 price is higher but not by that much in my market area. The feature set and desktop usage looks excellent. I too have issues with Micro USB vs USB C but I see some tough decisions for Chord and backward Poly compatibility. Big plus, in my case, MOJO 2 retains the double SE outputs. Easier to sell the wife when we can listen to some tracks together and give up basically zero performance. Also helps that as I listen to a Qutest/Anni stack I subscribe to the Chord SE approach. Their gear delivers. Trying to convince myself I am getting too old for the more complex menu system and more Chord colour combinations to remember... The wait for Anni was painfull and MOJO 2 will be no quicker :frowning2: . There is going to be a lot of squawking over the design decisions Chord made but I think this will be a home run. Well done Chord! Pre ordering...

Jan 31, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #18 of 56
Am glad some companies remain committed to single end- there are already plenty of BAL-prioritizing options available (often with subpar SE).

Though I do like the trend of including multiple connector options- if something's going to have two outlets anyways it probably wouldn't hurt to have one be SE 4.4 seeing as it's fairly common (but then you could also make the case for 2.5 or even 6.3 and 4-pin XLR, considering Mojo's output power)
2.5 TRRS is easy to bend and even break. 6.3 is nice but really not needed in a little portable though worked well in the Xin Reference Amp, which was little. But 4.4 is solid and it isn't hard to do balanced well, which often provides better stage size, bass impact and just better control over the driver. That is my experience and I don't think less than subpar would be something with Chord, there would be a worry, for balanced. And more power output, if needed. XLR would be then easy with a 4.4 to XLR adapter, again if needed.

Jan 31, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #19 of 56
At least the Mojo3 will have a 3 band EQ and Bluetooth with some cleverly disguised antennas.:L3000:

81YarTDFjvL._AC_SX450_.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #20 of 56

I would of been fine with 2.5mm. I think a higher end product like this would benefit from "getting with the times" and having a balanced option. I didn't notice the usb-c port can't be used for charging. That is another big disappointment. I remember seeing a leaked photo of this exact unit a last year and thinking "there is no way this would be launched in 2021". Idk, I'm bummed about this launch and was hoping to buy in if it was close to the iFi Gryphon.

Jan 31, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #24 of 56
IThe inability to charge on USB C in 2022 is an absolute deal breaker. I would have preferred a 4.4mm balanced jack, but Chord thought the dual 3.5mm sharing aspect was more beneficial. It is far too expensive for what is offered imo. At least offer a controller app with dsp eq, or ldac Bluetooth.

Someone will over pay for this, just not me. Oh well.

Jan 31, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #26 of 56
Like previous comments.
No usb-c is a deal breaker in 2022.
A 4.4mm would be nice too.

What were they thinking.

I think they were thinking to re-use as much of the chassis as possible (to save money, to continue to be compatible with the Poly). I'm sure this thing sounds good, but it's not exactly competitive at that price especially compared to DAPs and similar products from iFi.

Jan 31, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #28 of 56
I honestly don't get all that whining

Why are all of you so pissed about the M2 not having 4.4?
It's not like it lacks power out of the SE
I imagine that for anyone willing to pay the price of the M2, buying a 3.5 cable or 4.4 to 3.5 adapter is no big deal, so whats all that whining about?
4.4 vs SE is all about power, thats it, not about, bass impact or stage size, power! This thing will drive your HP with authority no 4.4 needed.

Powering over Micro USB, ok, what's the issue? I too would have prefered USB C but as long as it works and doesn't break I don't see an issue.
Don't want to carry an extra USB cable? Comeon you're ready to carry an extra brick that wont fit your pocket, but the little thin cable is the dealbreaker?

IMO not valid points, if it sounds better thats good, if the battery doesn't overheat and expand over time even better. I don't see why a BAL output that's not needed with such specs, or a extra cable that literally doesn't weight anything are the dealbreakers.

There exist super short cables that you can carry on your keychain

Jan 31, 2022 at 8:56 PM Post #29 of 56
I’ve never owned a Chord product before so please excuse my questions.
As others have already said, this thing has a microUSB charging port and 2x3.5mm ports with no 4.4mm or 2.5mm ports and it costs $725 and this is year 2022 !!

What’s so special about this that I see some people pre-ordering it ??

Jan 31, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #30 of 56
I honestly don't get all that whining

Why are all of you so pissed about the M2 not having 4.4?
It's not like it lacks power out of the SE
I imagine that for anyone willing to pay the price of the M2, buying a 3.5 cable or 4.4 to 3.5 adapter is no big deal, so whats all that whining about?
4.4 vs SE is all about power, thats it, not about, bass impact or stage size, power! This thing will drive your HP with authority no 4.4 needed.

Powering over Micro USB, ok, what's the issue? I too would have prefered USB C but as long as it works and doesn't break I don't see an issue.
Don't want to carry an extra USB cable? Comeon you're ready to carry an extra brick that wont fit your pocket, but the little thin cable is the dealbreaker?

IMO not valid points, if it sounds better thats good, if the battery doesn't overheat and expand over time even better. I don't see why a BAL output that's not needed with such specs, or a extra cable that literally doesn't weight anything are the dealbreakers.

There exist super short cables that you can carry on your keychain

If you need 2 extra cables, that defeats the point of MObile JOy.

Besides all SE to Balance cables carry the potential to go wrong and are best avoided.

I have been waiting for the Mojo 2 but just ordered the ifi Gryphon after this. Bluetooth on the go and usb when at home.

No extra wires needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back