new to iems need some advice
May 25, 2013 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

cptkron

New Head-Fier
As the title states I'm new to iems and would love some advice. I am looking for something for when im at work. I currently have a cheap pair of sony MDREX-10LP. I had stumbled onto the klipsch image s4a ii however I wanted to do some research and found this amazing site. So I have been reading tons of reviews and comparisons and have basically came to the conclusion that I likely shouldn't go with the s4. I dont fully understand all the the terminology but I prefer a good amount of base while still having great clarity. I usually listen to mostly rap. Just as a side note as I had mentioned I currently have some cheap iems but if the quality was noticeably better for less I might consider Headphones or earbuds too. Prefer under 100$. Thanks for all the great info ive already read and any possible advice anyone might have

May 26, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #2 of 7
At this price range, the hifiman re-400 is the most neutral and technically capable IEM you can get.
It is right up their with 200-300 iems in terms of neutrality, resolution and sound-stage.
It is a very good piece of gear to introduce you to the world of hi-fi earphones.

May 26, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #5 of 7
I personally wouldn't recommend the RE-400s for rap, they definitely don't have the bass to cover what you'd need.  Maybe something like the ThinkSound TS02 (or MS01) or Brainwavz M3 or M5 would do better.  They offer more of a v-shaped signature though which will give you adequate bass for rap with a bit of strength for treble and vocals. 

May 26, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #6 of 7
i would look at the tf10 if i was you, they have great sound quality for the price. they are a little over your budget however i have seen some on here for around 100.00 and purchased some myself for 100.00 off here. imo they would be great for your genre's of music.

May 27, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #7 of 7
Sorry if I'm out of topics, but I am a newbie in IEM world..hehe..a few weeks ago I ask some advice to get all rounder IEM, and I've been suggested to try UETF10, honestly i really like this sounding, good vocal, good treble mid and bass also in good position, not boomy, but the fitting is realy make me crazy :frowning2:
And now I got another advice from review a few forums, they're shure 215spe, phonak 012, and GR07MKII

Which do u prefer for allrounder iem that have good fitting? :) thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back