New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Aug 2, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #6,916 of 9,411
As long as it doesn't work on the SP1000 Primephonic isn't an option for me.

Aug 2, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #6,918 of 9,411
In short, to install non supporting app like neutronmp we use a supporting app ex. Spotify app

1. Get on the internet *.apk of neutronmp and sportify then keep both in TWO folder on your laptop.
2. Rename both to be a SAME name . Any name can use ok but for ease, let set spotify.apk
3. Connect dap to laptop by usb cable
3. Copy (real) spotify.apk to the local memory of the dap (/SP1000 internal memory/OpenService)
4. On the dap, go to Setting > Service. Confirm that Spotify is there with a arrow icon (mean not yet install). It now accepted by the dap.
Do not touch.
5. On the laptop, now delete (real)spotify.apk from SP1000 internal memory/OpenService
6. Now copy (fake) spotify.apk (which actually is Neutronmp) to there on the dap
7. On the dap, touch the Spotify app you saw on step 4
Then neutronmp app will start installing!

If you want to see video, refer to Arion128 post

Hello,

Is the Open App technique posted by TYATYA still valid for firmware v1.20?

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #6,919 of 9,411
Hello,

Yep, I installed Primephonic that way.

Aug 2, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #6,921 of 9,411
If you have trouble finding albums, go to Folder View. If you sort your files into folders by Artist>Album it makes searching a lot easier. As to OS, except for perhaps Apple and maybe Sony there is none better. Battery? Buy a Sony, the rest are like this- though I find the SPK battery long-lasting. Don't know about the "m" version. The control buttons just take a little bit of time to learn.

Balanced is much better (without trying to start a post war), much better. At least to some/many of us.

The suggestion with the folder works well on one drive, but somewhat cumbersome for two drives. However, this system would be exactly as I imagine in the artists' directory. But thanks for your suggestion.
Regarding the battery, as always the capacity never enough,right? If you fly intercontinental a battery-pack is necessary. Without would be better, right?
With 3 buttons there is not much to learn :))
But in South Korea they have smaller fingers, maybe that the reason for this design.
Anyway, to sensitive especially when you put the player (in the case) in the back pocket.
Liked i mentioned, that's only some suggestions and maybe someone put it in consideration to improve this great divice.

Great music makes a better world

Cheers!

Aug 2, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #6,923 of 9,411
You can arrange your folders by alpha on the two drives by placing, say, A-L on the card and M-Z on the internal.
I get about 10-11 hours on my SPK, but assume your M gets less. Sounds like aux battery time for sure on long flights.
You might want to look into a different case or a different pocket. I kept my 240SS in my shirt pocket. I think it's about the same size as your M. I use a belt holster from VanNuys to carry my SPK.

Aug 2, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #6,924 of 9,411
Hello,

We are lucky because JasonNYC did NOT inform to software dev. team yet.
Haha.

App that I love most and want to appears on my SP1k is UAPP.
Not possible now.

Aug 3, 2019 at 4:06 AM Post #6,925 of 9,411
You can arrange your folders by alpha on the two drives by placing, say, A-L on the card and M-Z on the internal.
I get about 10-11 hours on my SPK, but assume your M gets less. Sounds like aux battery time for sure on long flights.
You might want to look into a different case or a different pocket. I kept my 240SS in my shirt pocket. I think it's about the same size as your M. I use a belt holster from VanNuys to carry my SPK.

You're right, to sort by alpha is an idea but in some way a workaround. Anyway, I don't give the hope that the software programmers will get a heart and add a few options to the menu to sort the music at will. I'm sure that this isn't a big deal to insert the appropriate program lines.
Until then I'm enjoying to listen my music at this great device.

Aug 3, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #6,926 of 9,411
We are lucky because JasonNYC did NOT inform to software dev. team yet.
Haha.

App that I love most and want to appears on my SP1k is UAPP.
Not possible now.

Yes, we are very lucky. But I'm worried that the technique will be invalidated in the future.

UAPP, Neutron etc are excellent music player apps.
However, playback with third party apps can't avoid Android SRC, so all songs will be down-converted to 16bit/48kHz.

I like AK Connect's DLNA network feature.
I installed BubbleUPnP Server on SPK and made it OpenHome.:laughing:
I enjoy high resolution streaming from Qobuz without down-conversion at OpenHome Network Audio. (However, the gap between songs is very very long:triportsad:)

Aug 3, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #6,927 of 9,411
However, playback with third party apps can't avoid Android SRC, so all songs will be down-converted to 16bit/48kHz.
No. There are 2 kind of app groups.
Jetaudio, Winamp, Poweramp, Google music,N7 player, Vlc .... in group 1.
Neutron, uapp, hiby, maiden audio, Onkyo HF.... in group 2.
Group 1 app will use ALSA, group 2 bypass - the same way android base app in Daps

Aug 3, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #6,928 of 9,411
Hey there is something new with latest firmware that I appreciate. When using the embedded Tidal and playing MQA.. it now shows the blue/green dot and decoding info. I thought @JasonNYC was going to provide info on all the MQA modes. This is a move in the right direction. Maybe Roon this year yet.

Aug 4, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #6,929 of 9,411
I just hope AK would add up a bettery icon status of the AMP beside the battery icon of the DAP, thus we see it without opening the notification pannel each time we wanted to see the battery status of the AMP. It seems, as per my usage the AMP drains much faster than the DAP. Keeping track of the battery helps prevents draining to 0, thus keeping the battery healthy.

Attachments

• IMG_5310.JPG
    IMG_5310.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Aug 5, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #6,930 of 9,411
Today I had a quick look at Qobuz. Didn't have enough time to test downloads, just tried streaming a couple of 192/24 tracks (Ivàn Fischer's Mahler 2nd and 3rd). Seems to work great, no problems streaming at that rate at home (guess there will be more on those crappy hotel rooms networks :)), will listen to a full album later today.
As an almost 100% classical listener, Idagio's search capabilities are on another planet, but high res sounds so damn great on the SP1000/LCDi4 combo. Qobuz is much more expensive than IDAGIO, that's 80% more if opting for Sublime+. Tidal's highest offering is about 16% cheaper than Sublime+ here in Switzerland. Decisions, decisions...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back