New York Audio Show 2014
Sep 27, 2014 at 8:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mcullinan

100+ Head-Fier
I was there today. I heard the Mr Speakers Alpha dog, Not Bad. I heard them with the Hugo Dac/Amp, I think they were a little flat and polite. Maybe they need more power??

I really liked the Kingsound H03s, the only issue bing you need a special amplifier to pair with the headphones. If they could get a quarter inch plug on them Id buy them in a heartbeat. Pretty sweet!
Woo Audio was there too. Always awesome.

Sep 27, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #2 of 5
I was there too.  I didn't really like the KingSound electrostats, they seemed a bit too closed in for my liking.  My favorite headphone there was the Stax SR-009 which is no surprise, everyone else seemed to prefer it too.  I tried it out of the Headamp BHSE with Alps RK50 and also the Woo Audio WES, I preferred the former since it seemed more transparent.  The realism of the SR-009 though is insane.  

The SR-007Mk1 was my second favorite, which I tried with the same BHSE.  Headamp's booth had an awesome selection.  I really didn't like the Fostex TH900 which sounded very claustrophobic.  I'd say the SR-009 was my favorite headphone, followed by the SR-007, while the HiFiMan HE-6 was my favorite planar.  I'm not sure what my favorite dynamic headphone was, maybe the HD 800 (especially when paired with the Woo WA22).

Sep 28, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #4 of 5
I saw the SR-009 at two booths: Woo Audio (being demoed with the WES) and Headamp (being demoed with the BHSE + Alps RK50).  The SR-009 itself goes for around $4k, and the SR-007 for about $2k.  The SR-007 was only at the Headamp booth from what I saw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back