newbie, DIYer with a few questions. dt880 pro
Jun 23, 2013 at 5:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

felipego88

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-fi, I joined a few weeks ago and I have been reading a lot from your forums. I want to get into the headphone making and modding world, any advice? I am about to start my first project, probably something with the Koss KSC75's... I'll keep you updated...

I am also a proud owner of a pair of dt880 pros and I love them, I love the definition and the sense of space they produce also the smooth mid/highs, I love using them, however, I can't do it all the time, correct me if I'm wrong but everything I like about them is produced from the open back design, most of my listening is in the school library or in studio (architecture and design, not recording), and I find it really annoying when my classmates or the librarian tell me it's too loud when it's really not...  so I opted for using my sony MDR-EX210B/blk which I like too, I find the bass more focused and are definitely louder, however I find the mid/highs too harsh which usually result in ear fatigue...

anyway, my question is, what could be a good option for me? kind of like a combination of both things, I wish my 880's had a little bit more bass, I think it sounds good, tight and beautiful, I just wish it was a bit louder... just a tiny bit. Is there a "closed back version" of the 880's? I've used the 770's and the 990's and I didn't like either one as much as my 880's, what about other brands? or buying an amplifier?  

I use an apogee duet or my iphone, and I listen to a wide variety of music, mostly progressive music, porcupine tree, pink floyd, rick wakeman... I also like prog/metal like dream theater, circus maximus... some classical like philip glass, Krzysztof Penderecki, Wagner, I'm really into pop stuff like train or maroon 5, pretty much anything but hip hop or rap... 

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #2 of 3
Audio Technica ATH-A900X (closed) headphones.
Digbuy is selling them for $179.99, plus tax (free shipping).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back