Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 21, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #15,691 of 36,116

This is all very entertaining.  

I've had the experience of waiting five years for a pair of custom-made cowboy boots from a highly-regarded shop in Austin.  This wait time applies to senators, presidents, and kings as well as little 'ole me.  

They have a progress notification system as follows:  

Years 1-3:  wait.  Don't email, don't check their website (they don't have one anyway).  Your check cleared, so stop calling, or they might add another year onto your wait.  They're working on Loretta Lynn's boots at the moment and you're distracting them.
Year 4:  you receive a call and schedule an appointment to come to their shop for your feet to be measured.  You live in Singapore?  Well, better book your flight and have a couple extra martinis to get some shut-eye on the plane--that's what the princelings do when they fly in from Beijing.  Depending on the design you want, they may also discuss with you leather colors, stitch patterns, etc. If you want something fancy, then wait six months.
Year 4, month 6:  you wanted fancy, so you have to draw what you want, scan and email it.  You spend one month emailing designs back and forth.  They're sorry they accidentally sent you Dick Cheney's S&M-themed top pattern, they'll find yours and email it in a moment.
Year 4, month 7:  your final design is confirmed.  No, you can't change it now.
Year 4, month 11:  you start getting emails with photos of pieces of your boot finished--mostly the tops and the foot minus the crimping.
Year 5:  you get an email that your boots are in the mail.  
Year 5, month 1:  you put in your next boot order.

Picked up my second pair from this maker last year, and am into year one of the wait time for my third pair. 

Ten weeks is nothing for something as amazing as Noble K10s, or any other TOTL custom-made-for-your-ears-and-no-one-else's IEMs.  It's gonna be okay if Noble doesn't raise prices to pay for the cost of putting in a progress notification system.    

Off-topic but any chance of some pictures if you still have them? Would be interested to have a look.

Personally, I think it's a good idea. Would improve the customer experience, and probably cut down on customer inquiries, which I imagine get pretty annoying for Noble. It could be like the Dominos' Pizza App that shows the progress meter. It would of course include the all-important step "Your CIEMs are in the oven."

Of course, such a system would probably be quite expensive to develop. In absence of that, my advice is to try and forget you ordered CIEMs. Just try to totally forget about it. Enter a state of complete Zen and detachment, where a state of nothing equals the presence of everything. This is all just in theory; I cried myself to sleep every night.

Personally at the moment I'm drinking rum and coke. One more day until Friday when I can order a Noble 4U.

Oct 21, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #15,692 of 36,116
This is all very entertaining.  

I've had the experience of waiting five years for a pair of custom-made cowboy boots from a highly-regarded shop in Austin.  This wait time applies to senators, presidents, and kings as well as little 'ole me.  

They have a progress notification system as follows:  

Years 1-3:  wait.  Don't email, don't check their website (they don't have one anyway).  Your check cleared, so stop calling, or they might add another year onto your wait.  They're working on Loretta Lynn's boots at the moment and you're distracting them.
Year 4:  you receive a call and schedule an appointment to come to their shop for your feet to be measured.  You live in Singapore?  Well, better book your flight and have a couple extra martinis to get some shut-eye on the plane--that's what the princelings do when they fly in from Beijing.  Depending on the design you want, they may also discuss with you leather colors, stitch patterns, etc. If you want something fancy, then wait six months.
Year 4, month 6:  you wanted fancy, so you have to draw what you want, scan and email it.  You spend one month emailing designs back and forth.  They're sorry they accidentally sent you Dick Cheney's S&M-themed top pattern, they'll find yours and email it in a moment.
Year 4, month 7:  your final design is confirmed.  No, you can't change it now.
Year 4, month 11:  you start getting emails with photos of pieces of your boot finished--mostly the tops and the foot minus the crimping.
Year 5:  you get an email that your boots are in the mail.  
Year 5, month 1:  you put in your next boot order.

Picked up my second pair from this maker last year, and am into year one of the wait time for my third pair. 

Ten weeks is nothing for something as amazing as Noble K10s, or any other TOTL custom-made-for-your-ears-and-no-one-else's IEMs.  It's gonna be okay if Noble doesn't raise prices to pay for the cost of putting in a progress notification system.    

Man I am sorry to say, but this thread is sometimes out of this world. A guy is simply politely asking why the delays are slightly longer than expected, and making constructive suggestions. And what answer does he get? Overly loyal clients (I will not use the commonly used negative term here) asking him how dare he question or even begin to formulate anything like complain? And then you tell him you patently accepted to wait 5 years for boots. Honestly how is that relevant and who cares? Do other boot makers offer similar quality boots? Are we buying he world's best cowboy boots here?

This whole attitude is a strong deterrent to ask anything on this thread.

Recently the question was asked why it takes so long for Fitear CIEMs to be built on the Fitear thread and some people complained a bit. Go there and check if he Fitear fans got into protective fits. I recall they didn't.

Oct 21, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #15,694 of 36,116
I have to say, I somewhat agree with you Mim. Although I don't think it's exclusive to this thread. Every thread I've visited has the guy who says "stop complaining" whenever someone expresses frustration. Maybe it's a bit stronger here... that collective protectiveness. That loyalty is a direct result of how Noble's customers feel about Noble. The quality of their products, level of customer service and interaction, and general sense of community is top notch. It inspires adoration that can become overly protective at times.I'm obviously a fan myself. I've had great interactions with Noble, I think it's awesome the owner talks participates in this thread, and the K10 has improved my quality of life :)  But I personally think loyalists here would do well to be a little less critical at times.

Oct 21, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #15,695 of 36,116
  I have to say, I somewhat agree with you Mim. Although I don't think it's exclusive to this thread. Every thread I've visited has the guy who says "stop complaining" whenever someone expresses frustration. Maybe it's a bit stronger here... that collective protectiveness. That loyalty is a direct result of how Noble's customers feel about Noble. The quality of their products, level of customer service and interaction, and general sense of community is top notch. It inspires adoration that can become overly protective at times.I'm obviously a fan myself. I've had great interactions with Noble, I think it's awesome the owner talks participates in this thread, and the K10 has improved my quality of life :)  But I personally think loyalists here would do well to be a little less critical at times.

Clearly I'm one of the big Noble fans who reacted. I guess I was just caught off-guard by someone apparently saying that they were disappointed by Noble not delivering on time when that was actually not the case. Not reading the FAQ's and not understanding what is there for all to see (or failing to ask for clarification before ordering) is one thing. If Noble had not shipped anything before the 8 week commitment guideline, then that's 100% fair game. Not to beat a dead horse (and I hate to make any type of comparison, implied or otherwise) but people complaining about LHL's disappointments, well count me in on many of those complaints. 

Regarding the question of why does it take so long for Noble to make their CIEMs, now that's a completely fair question. Clearly it's John and Brannan's decision of how to run their business, but there clearly are ways to speed things up, but they are also clearly linked to certain risks (e.g. hiring more staff and the risk of QC issues as they get up to speed, assuming that they have physical space for more people). 

Didn't mean to be overly protective. My bad it I was. 

Cheers 

Oct 21, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #15,696 of 36,116
I just said that In my reply.. My response was just a statement not an accusation. If I had read FAQ when I ordered maybe I would have placed order later or looked elsewhere. I assumed it was 6-8 weeks when it reached CA that would have tentatively reached in time for my trip. Anyway lesson learned..BTW the price of rush order is absurd IMO and I knew of it when I ordered.. I know lot of you will defend it and I am not about to stir hornets nest. It is just my opinion and I am at peace with it..

If the price for rush service was more "equitable" lets say, $20 then there would be a huge influx of rush orders, and rush order service would then be defined as "8-10 business weeks" rather than days.

In order to maintain a reasonable work schedules and incorporate rush orders into that schedule, some type of balance must be met, thus the rush service price is what it is.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Oct 21, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #15,697 of 36,116
@mscott58Don't be too hard on yourself. Most people know you're one of the nicest guys around here. And anyways, I said I "kinda" agree with Mim because I didn't think this was a particularly bad case of this happening. I've just seen it happen before in worse manifestations.
@FullCircleTotally agree and absolutely acceptable. The market determines the price, as it always does.

Oct 21, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #15,698 of 36,116
@mscott58
Don't be too hard on yourself. Most people know you're one of the nicest guys around here. And anyways, I said I "kinda" agree with Mim because I didn't think this was a particularly bad case of this happening. I've just seen it happen before in worse manifestations.
@FullCircle
Totally agree and absolutely acceptable. The market determines the price, as it always does.

Thanks Dexter. Cheers

Oct 21, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #15,699 of 36,116
<

Man I am sorry to say, but this thread is sometimes out of this world. A guy is simply politely asking why the delays are slightly longer than expected, and making constructive suggestions. And what answer does he get? Overly loyal clients (I will not use the commonly used negative term here) asking him how dare he question or even begin to formulate anything like complain? And then you tell him you patently accepted to wait 5 years for boots. Honestly how is that relevant and who cares? Do other boot makers offer similar quality boots? Are we buying he world's best cowboy boots here?

Recently the question was asked why it takes so long for Fitear CIEMs to be built on the Fitear thread and some people complained a bit. Go there and check if he Fitear fans got into protective fits. I recall they didn't.

Mim, there isn't a delay

Got a story (self deprecating)

About 20 years ago, I was at a Waffle House, with some of my college friends.   

Waiter: Can I take your order Sir

Wizard: I'll have a scoop of vanilla Ice Cream and a slice of apple pie

Waiter:  So that will be, a slice of apple pie, and ice cream a la carte

Wizard: I said I wanted apple pie, and ice cream  

Waiter: Yes, Sir, slice of apple pie, and ice cream a la carte

Wizard: This is the last time I'm going to say this....... I said, a slice of apple pie, and a scoop of ice cream!

The point is, I didn't know what I was talking about, and the more frustrated I got with the waiter, the more my ignorance of the dinning process, and the language within became self evident.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Oct 21, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #15,700 of 36,116
Hello. May I ask if there's any known Malaysian shops that has Noble Audio products? Just asking. Peace.

Oct 21, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #15,701 of 36,116
  Hello. May I ask if there's any known Malaysian shops that has Noble Audio products? Just asking. Peace.

E-mail (not PM) Brannan that question. He was working on a collaboration some time back, and I'm not sure what the update is on that.  He is currently on the way to Japan right now, so there may be some delay with his reply.

Oct 21, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #15,702 of 36,116
Thanks for the quick response. Have you the link? I shall send him the email immediately.

Oct 21, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #15,704 of 36,116
  http://nobleaudio.com/en/support/contact/

Thanks, cheers. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 21, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #15,705 of 36,116
<

Mim, there isn't a delay

Got a story (self deprecating)

About 20 years ago, I was at a Waffle House, with some of my college friends.   

Waiter: Can I take your order Sir

Wizard: I'll have a scoop of vanilla Ice Cream and a slice of apple pie

Waiter:  So that will be, a slice of apple pie, and ice cream a la carte

Wizard: I said I wanted apple pie, and ice cream  

Waiter: Yes, Sir, slice of apple pie, and ice cream a la carte

Wizard: This is the last time I'm going to say this....... I said, a slice of apple pie, and a scoop of ice cream!

The point is, I didn't know what I was talking about, and the more frustrated I got with the waiter, the more my ignorance of the dinning process, and the language within became self evident.

Ah, the old Waffle House where you receive your scrambled eggs and bacon with just a dash of cigarette ash from either the cook or the waitress.  I'll bet you received a slice of ice cream on a plate along with a scope of apple pie in a bowl.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back