Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 3, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #27,826 of 36,116
I play a game of spot the headphones on my commute in NYC everyday. It's interesting to see how diverse the headphones used by New Yorkers are, I've only ever seen one person rocking a CIEM in the past three years though. I always cringe when I hear someone tell others how awesome their Bose/Beats over-ear Bluetooth cans are, and how the audio quality is as good as it gets. This one guy at work used to brag about how awesome his Bose cans were to everyone sitting near him, until one day I took him to CanJam NYC, I haven't seen his Bose cans ever since.

Aug 3, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #27,827 of 36,116
I play a game of spot the headphones on my commute in NYC everyday. It's interesting to see how diverse the headphones used by New Yorkers are, I've only ever seen one person rocking a CIEM in the past three years though. I always cringe when I hear someone tell others how awesome their Bose/Beats over-ear Bluetooth cans are, and how the audio quality is as good as it gets. This one guy at work used to brag about how awesome his Bose cans were to everyone sitting near him, until one day I took him to CanJam NYC, I haven't seen his Bose cans ever since.

I understand that the best one is the one you like, and by that I mean any buyer. I have actually heard good things about some of the Bose noise cancelling ones, never tried them. I just wish we could educate people to what is out there that they might care for way more. But as the old saying goes, Bose, better sound through marketing.

Aug 3, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #27,828 of 36,116
I understand that the best one is the one you like, and by that I mean any buyer. I have actually heard good things about some of the Bose noise cancelling ones, never tried them. I just wish we could educate people to what is out there that they might care for way more. But as the old saying goes, Bose, better sound through marketing.
I've tried the QC25 and 35 noise cancelling cans, my previous employer gave each employee a pair of 25s for use in the office. The sound quality isn't terrible, and the noise cancelling is top notch, but none of them were anywhere close to good. I used the 25s for two weeks, then left them on my desk and went back to my Etymotics at the time. At my current company I've been telling anyone that will listen, to just go to CanJam NYC, LA, or London (we have offices in all those locations), and listen to the demo units there. Some of them came back from the events and actually either stopped by my desk or called me to thank me for making them aware of such an awesome event. I just wish more people would go out there and explore the options instead of buying whatever the Apple/Bestbuy store employees recommend.

Aug 3, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #27,829 of 36,116
I hear you

But not many people want to wait for 3 months or more for a pair of hand crafted bespoke ear phones.

Some things shouldn't be rushed

Screenshot_20180804-054420_Chrome.jpg

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Aug 3, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #27,836 of 36,116
Would anyone like a Felix The Cat rag? The t-shirt shrunk like crazy, I wont wear it, amazing I have shirts from Walmart that cost $5 that are better than it by miles. BTW, bass on the Bell, might be better than my K10's, there,I said it. :notes:

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #27,837 of 36,116
So I took my Encore customs to an indoor shooting range tonight to use as ear protection, without wearing the over-ear muffs that I usually wear. I was playing Pavarotti thru them while I did target practice with my Glock 9MM, slightly higher volume than during my commute, but not too crazy. There were people next to me firing AR15s and Desert Eagles, but I can barely hear them. I always wondered how well custom monitors would serve as ear protection at shooting ranges, and tonight I found out how fantastic they are. Aside from looking super cool while wearing them, the added bonus of playing some awesome music thru them when shooting a gun made for a somewhat surreal experience. I felt like I was John Wick, I'll be using them at the range going forward, who knew CIEMs could be used this way, color me surprised and very impressed!

Aug 3, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #27,838 of 36,116
So I took my Encore customs to an indoor shooting range tonight to use as ear protection, without wearing the over-ear muffs that I usually wear. I was playing Pavarotti thru them while I did target practice with my Glock 9MM, slightly higher volume than during my commute, but not too crazy. There were people next to me firing AR15s and Desert Eagles, but I can barely hear them. I always wondered how well custom monitors would serve as ear protection at shooting ranges, and tonight I found out how fantastic they are. Aside from looking super cool while wearing them, the added bonus of playing some awesome music thru them when shooting a gun made for a somewhat surreal experience. I felt like I was John Wick, I'll be using them at the range going forward, who knew CIEMs could be used this way, color me surprised and very impressed!

I use mine at work running my detailing equipment, when a song is playing I cant even hear the 235 MPH blower I use. I have ear protection also, but since getting my K10's, they rarely get used.

Aug 4, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #27,840 of 36,116
I hear you

But not many people want to wait for 3 months or more for a pair of hand crafted bespoke ear phones.

Some things shouldn't be rushed

Oh my... :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back