Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 10, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #28,321 of 36,116
is this about customs or universal shells (or bth) ?

do we have any more on the matter ? has this happened to anyone ? really curious about it as many people here own jodivac
Safest bet would be to have customs with a translucent shell. You could see the dampers with those.......

Oct 10, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #28,322 of 36,116
is this about customs or universal shells (or bth) ?

do we have any more on the matter ? has this happened to anyone ? really curious about it as many people here own jodivac

This question should be posted in another thread where you don't take the opportunity to berate the company.

Oct 10, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #28,323 of 36,116
Safest bet would be to have customs with a translucent shell. You could see the dampers with those.......

That would be the best way to see if they would get moved, you are creating a vacuum. Plenty of people have them, cant say I have ever read enough about them to see if it has happened. But maybe it can happen and the person doesn't even know.

Oct 10, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #28,324 of 36,116

thanx man , my question is if Jodivac can move those dampers - is jodivac that strong ?

Oct 10, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #28,325 of 36,116
That would be the best way to see if they would get moved, you are creating a vacuum. Plenty of people have them, cant say I have ever read enough about them to see if it has happened. But maybe it can happen and the person doesn't even know.
thanx man , my question is if Jodivac can move those dampers - is jodivac that strong ?
Yeah, I think Jodi vac needles are intended to suck up debris without creating a vacuum (which would stop suction), so the needle needs to be smaller than the tube diameter for it to work. So I doubt it would be strong enough to suck out the damper. Pushing the dampers inward by pushing the needle too deeply would be the greater risk. I think that most dampers would be firmly enough placed that if you put the Jodi Vac needle in and bump the damper, you know that's as deep as you can go.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #28,326 of 36,116
Yeah, I think Jodi vac needles are intended to suck up debris without creating a vacuum (which would stop suction), so the needle needs to be smaller than the tube diameter for it to work. So I doubt it would be strong enough to suck out the damper. Pushing the dampers inward by pushing the needle too deeply would be the greater risk.

I think its more that the vacuum isn't strong enough since there isn't a seal. I also don't think the needle is long enough to reach the dampers. I dunno, I am neither a vacuum engineer nor a IEM CIEM engineer, sure was an interesting point brought up.

Oct 11, 2018 at 4:55 AM Post #28,327 of 36,116
My K10's are about four years old. I've looked after then as well as I possibly can but I am pretty sure some debris will have inevitably have made is way into the bores.
I was going to send them into Noble for an overhaul. They would crack them open, replace the dampers, check the wiring, clean, resemble and re laquer. Tempting but I decided to leave alone what is not broke. Especially as I hope to buy the new Hybrid if it comes in custom form. Kidney for sale.

Oct 11, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #28,328 of 36,116
I had to use a 100 Taiwan dollar bill and a wad of fresh bubble gum to fix a flat once

I was out in the middle of nowhere, luckily the patch worked well enough to get me out of the mountains and back to civilization.

Well, I shall pack some bubble gum in my car.

Oct 11, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #28,329 of 36,116
Well, I shall pack some bubble gum in my car.

To be clear.... this was a bicycle tire, I don't think that diy hack would work with a car. Screenshot_20180913-160437_LINE.jpg

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Oct 11, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #28,330 of 36,116

Users who are viewing this thread

Back