Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 2, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #29,836 of 36,116
I had the Khan's for a week and got a great seal with them once I found the right tips. I have very odd ear canals with a tight bend upwards and have only been able to get a near perfect fit with customs, most universals do not work with my ears.

Apr 2, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #29,837 of 36,116
I love my custom Katanas, but I'm intrigued by the Khan. Am I going to miss the custom fit if I move up to the Khan and ditch the Katanas?
I used my custom tips made by Westone on the Khan when I was listening at CanJam NYC. I can tell you that even with custom tips, the fit won't match a CIEM, however close it may come. At that point though, it becomes a matter of personal preference. Do you care about the fit first and foremost? Or do you care what they sound like more than anything else? If you can answer those questions without any shadow of a doubt, then you have a choice to make after listening to the Khan. I personally value fit over anything else, universals just can't work for me, so I'm sticking with my custom Encores, until the Khan becomes available in custom form, or a better product comes along from Noble that is custom eligible. At the moment though, even though the Khan sounds quite amazing, it's not enough of a difference for me personally, to justify a purchase and deal with a universal. Then again, I just got my Encores in August, and they keep bringing me new surprises seemingly every day, so I'm more than happy with them.

Apr 3, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #29,841 of 36,116
Well, if the timing is right I have zero issues with meeting up so you can listen to them.
I think we could work something out as I am moving back to the OC / Yorba Linda area for work. That is supposing you still have the Khan's and haven't moved on to the next shiny thing :)

Apr 3, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #29,842 of 36,116
I have been comparing Khan with REI Penta and decided to keep REI Penta.
My Khan is on FS now.

Apr 3, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #29,844 of 36,116
I think we could work something out as I am moving back to the OC / Yorba Linda area for work. That is supposing you still have the Khan's and haven't moved on to the next shiny thing :)

If history repeats itself, the Khan will be around for a long time. I never made the jump from my K10 to either the Katana or the Encore and I could have. If you are living here, then you can always come to CanJam Socal of course, YL was the center of a 3.5 earthquake this morning, I felt it.

Apr 3, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #29,845 of 36,116
Should all my summer internship plans work out, I'm planning on being at SoCal as well! Going to be a great time.

Apr 3, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #29,846 of 36,116
Should all my summer internship plans work out, I'm planning on being at SoCal as well! Going to be a great time.

giphy.gif

Apr 3, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #29,847 of 36,116
Apr 3, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #29,848 of 36,116
It's just my personal preference of the sound signature. REI Penta sounds more musical without losing the details at the half price point of Khan. YMMV.

Apr 3, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #29,849 of 36,116
It's just my personal preference of the sound signature. REI Penta sounds more musical without losing the details at the half price point of Khan. YMMV.
I'm with you on that. My friend went with me to CanJam, we listened to pretty much everything available there, IEM and cans. She ended up buying a set of JH Lola, because they resonated with her. In the end it's all about personal preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back