Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 30, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #33,961 of 36,121
I agree. It reads as more of a fanboy review vs being revealing. It also looks like Noble finally fixed the Khan’s issues. There are and will be other reviews coming.
I'm looking forward to reading more about the Kublai Khan from other reviewers. What raised my eyebrows in the Headfonia Kublai Khan review was how the reviewer said that the music sounded disjointed. This doesn't sound like any Noble in-ear monitor that I've heard.

Jun 30, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #33,962 of 36,121
I'm looking forward to reading more about the Kublai Khan from other reviewers. What raised my eyebrows in the Headfonia Kublai Khan review was how the reviewer said that the music sounded disjointed. This doesn't sound like any Noble in-ear monitor that I've heard.

Time will tell, some folks said the Sultan was sub-par, some folks said it is the bee's knees.

The same conundrum can be said in just about anything that is judged subjectively.

All I know is the Ghengis Khan made a lot of folks happy (an objective statement based in internal reviews of the books) & "if" the kublai khan rivals the Ghengis, in theory we should have another winner.

That said, to each their own, luckily we offer something for everyone.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jun 30, 2022 at 9:27 PM Post #33,963 of 36,121
Time will tell, some folks said the Sultan was sub-par, some folks said it is the bee's knees.

The same conundrum can be said in just about anything that is judged subjectively.

All I know is the Ghengis Khan made a lot of folks happy (an objective statement based in internal reviews of the books) & "if" the kublai khan rivals the Ghengis, in theory we should have another winner.

Agreed, I love my Khan's. I will definitely check out the Kublai Khan's!

Jul 1, 2022 at 3:15 AM Post #33,964 of 36,121

Agreed, this hobby is definitely personal down to how we all hear differently have very different preferences.

I really like the Ghengis Khan more than the Sultan. So I’m excited for the Kublai Khan. I wish I could have the chance to hear the Viking but that might be close to impossible 😂

Jul 5, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #33,965 of 36,121
Agreed, this hobby is definitely personal down to how we all hear differently have very different preferences.

I really like the Ghengis Khan more than the Sultan. So I’m excited for the Kublai Khan. I wish I could have the chance to hear the Viking but that might be close to impossible 😂

Mhm! The location limit on the Viking doesn't help!

Jul 5, 2022 at 8:18 PM Post #33,968 of 36,121
Hehe, I suspect there are already a few people wondering if @SeeSax will ever sell his Viking.
I’m watching the classifieds closely even though I know for sure I could not afford it 😂

I just wanna hear it and take photos of it tbh. It would be amazing to own one but my broke butt won’t let it happen.

Jul 5, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #33,969 of 36,121
I’m watching the classifieds closely even though I know for sure I could not afford it 😂

I just wanna hear it and take photos of it tbh. It would be amazing to own one but my broke butt won’t let it happen.
Viking is NFS (Not For Sale) IEM in my collection, i thought they will outlast other iem with the durability.

Since you have heard DCA Stealth, I could say Stealth and Viking have same direction in tuning, i consider them as cousin. :relaxed:

Jul 6, 2022 at 12:10 AM Post #33,970 of 36,121
007C0290-7689-45F8-8842-4AC40AB5CB1E.jpeg

Some day 1 impressions of the Kublai Khan. Sultan is the only other Noble IEM I’ve owned, and Kublai Khan sounds quite a lot more clarity focused and revealing compared to Sultan’s thicker, warmer sound. I’m loving the bass on Kublai Khan. It sounds more sub bass focused, but with enough mid bass to keep the presentation thumpy. It’s a clean, fast and focused mid bass that does very well for my electronic music library. The sub bass has incredible depth and extension. I’m getting LOTS of rumble. Quite impressive.

The mids lean towards the upper mid region and sound clear and crisp, with great resolution and decent body. If you prefer warm, lush mids, I’d suggest trying Sultan instead of Kublai Khan. I wouldn’t go as far as saying they sound thin, but they’re not the most bodied mids I’ve heard. The upper mids are prominent, somewhat similar to the Empire Ears Odin but not as forward or in your face.

Treble sounds airy, sparkly and with good extension. The lower and mid treble region sounds fairly neutral to my ears, no noticeable peaks.

Overall, I’m hearing a mild v or u shaped sound, with prominent upper mids similar to Empire Ears Odin but not as aggressive.

Technicalities seem solid. Notably in the soundstage depth department. Detail retrieval is what I would expect. Not the most detailed I’ve heard but I wouldn’t say it’s lacking either. Imaging is a little bit on the hazy side and not as pinpoint as something like MEST Indigo, but not too far off from that benchmark.

Jul 6, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #33,971 of 36,121
The very definition of a quintessential favorite!
Encore.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #33,973 of 36,121
007C0290-7689-45F8-8842-4AC40AB5CB1E.jpeg

Some day 1 impressions of the Kublai Khan. Sultan is the only other Noble IEM I’ve owned, and Kublai Khan sounds quite a lot more clarity focused and revealing compared to Sultan’s thicker, warmer sound. I’m loving the bass on Kublai Khan. It sounds more sub bass focused, but with enough mid bass to keep the presentation thumpy. It’s a clean, fast and focused mid bass that does very well for my electronic music library. The sub bass has incredible depth and extension. I’m getting LOTS of rumble. Quite impressive.

The mids lean towards the upper mid region and sound clear and crisp, with great resolution and decent body. If you prefer warm, lush mids, I’d suggest trying Sultan instead of Kublai Khan. I wouldn’t go as far as saying they sound thin, but they’re not the most bodied mids I’ve heard. The upper mids are prominent, somewhat similar to the Empire Ears Odin but not as forward or in your face.

Treble sounds airy, sparkly and with good extension. The lower and mid treble region sounds fairly neutral to my ears, no noticeable peaks.

Overall, I’m hearing a mild v or u shaped sound, with prominent upper mids similar to Empire Ears Odin but not as aggressive.

Technicalities seem solid. Notably in the soundstage depth department. Detail retrieval is what I would expect. Not the most detailed I’ve heard but I wouldn’t say it’s lacking either. Imaging is a little bit on the hazy side and not as pinpoint as something like MEST Indigo, but not too far off from that benchmark.

Thanks very much for the extended write-up!

The very definition of a quintessential favorite!
Encore.jpeg
Just like me and my K10s! What cable is that? Very unique.

Jul 7, 2022 at 1:32 AM Post #33,974 of 36,121
Last edited:
Jul 7, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #33,975 of 36,121

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back