Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 16, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #11,866 of 36,116
Even though it is a tight height fit I love the supplied K10 case with the BTS and my AK120mkII. Portable and very safe.

Jun 16, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #11,867 of 36,116
Be careful with that case.  I have a couple of them.  I am not sure about your AK but you have to be careful it does not slide around and power on by accident.  The little AKs can get scarey hot in a case like that...too hot to hold.  It is amazing to me that AK would make a product without some sort of thermal shut down.  Hell my k240 gets too hot to even carry in my pocket for very long.  

What I did is cut out foam so that the ak is held securely in the case and does not bump around.  Plus, I also always double check to make sure the AK is powered off fully before i put it in the case.

Finally, get a desiccant pack of some sort to keep things dry while in the case.

Jun 16, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #11,869 of 36,116
  Be careful with that case.  I have a couple of them.  I am not sure about your AK but you have to be careful it does not slide around and power on by accident.  The little AKs can get scarey hot in a case like that...too hot to hold.  It is amazing to me that AK would make a product without some sort of thermal shut down.  Hell my k240 gets too hot to even carry in my pocket for very long.  

What I did is cut out foam so that the ak is held securely in the case and does not bump around.  Plus, I also always double check to make sure the AK is powered off fully before i put it in the case.

Finally, get a desiccant pack of some sort to keep things dry while in the case.

Good suggestions. I always power it off so I do not find I am out of battery before I want to listen. With the Cable on top coiled it seems to keep the AK in place.

Jun 16, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #11,870 of 36,116
My impressions are showing as being delivered on Saturday, when can I next expect to hear from Noble regarding my order? Do they keep you updated on the status of your order or is it just a matter of waiting until they're finished?

Jun 16, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #11,871 of 36,116
  My impressions are showing as being delivered on Saturday, when can I next expect to hear from Noble regarding my order? Do they keep you updated on the status of your order or is it just a matter of waiting until they're finished?

Under the FAQ, it says once your impressions have been received at the lab they confirm it, the next contact after that will be when they are completed, you get pictures for approval.

Jun 16, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #11,872 of 36,116
  One of these should fit hopefully any need in the CIEM/DAP arena. 

http://www.pelican.com/case_category.php?CaseSize=Micro%20Case

The 1060 is on that list :p It's huge. The case that came with the Nobles actually fits the iPod + iem's perfectly (I'm getting damn tired of having to retype iem, screw you OS X, i do not want to type item).  The hifi-m8 is large but it ticks off all of my boxes, as far as features go, so I deal with the extra size.  

Jun 16, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #11,874 of 36,116

How the hell do I get those Noble stickers?

I got 2 with my K10's.  That was a while ago, I think my serial number is 133.

Jun 16, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #11,878 of 36,116
Looking to upgrade my Etymotic HF3 to the Noble 4 or Savant. The offering of the BTS with the Savant is really hard to pass on.

Which one (N4 or Savant) has a better sound stage and isolation?

1. Isolation would be the same as the external components are 100% the same.

1.  sound signature

N4 - reportedly wider sound stage than the Savant, but bass is a touch anemic, but a bit bolder than the ER4, great product for vocals & acoustic instruments

Savant - bass response is a bit more robust than the N4, highs extension in the region of the ER4. The Savant can expand more readily across more genres than the N4 and do so at      savant levels.

Both products are packed with a complimentary crush proof box, which has been tested extensively by our friends at UPS

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jun 16, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #11,879 of 36,116

1. Isolation would be the same as the external components are 100% the same.

1.  sound signature

N4 - reportedly wider sound stage than the Savant, but bass is a touch anemic, but a bit bolder than the ER4, great product for vocals & acoustic instruments

Savant - bass response is a bit more robust than the N4, highs extension in the region of the ER4. The Savant can expand more readily across more genres than the N4 and do so at      savant levels.

Both products are packed with a complimentary crush proof box, which has been tested extensively by our friends at UPS

Thats a pretty big box, someone must of had huge ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back