Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 31, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #8,176 of 36,096

Carbon Glass and 23K Italian Red Gold.​
 ​
Have a fantastic weekend and don't forget to enjoy the music!​
 ​
 ​

Ooooooh! Those look real nice! They remind me of molten rocks. How'd you do that?

Jan 31, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #8,177 of 36,096

Yeah, and my understanding is that some after market connectors may have longer posts than others.

Yep. I've got a bunch of different cables and they all fit slightly different. It probably comes down to variation in each individual connector - I have two sets of Toxic Cables Silver Poison, one fits fairly flush and the other has slight gaps.

Probably also has to do with the sockets on each CIEM being a bit different too. For what it's worth I've never had a problem with this type of fit.  

Jan 31, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #8,178 of 36,096

Kaiser Soses in the hizouse! Hope you love them man. It's been quite the journey to this point. Keep us posted on your impressions. 

I do! After listening, I know why the review will take such a long time to write. Not enough good words to describe them... I have achieved what George Carlin never could.... Fine and Dandy at the same time.

Yeah, and my understanding is that some after market connectors may have longer posts than others.

Thanks for the tip! It appears they will just stick out a bit. (Stock cables from noble). I was a bit afraid of oxidation since they are sticking out is all. 

Jan 31, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #8,179 of 36,096

How long did you have to wait after completion confirmation?  Going on a week now after I should have had a tracking number and nothing.  Just too eager to hold my puppies in hand.  The waiting is the hardest part!

Mine were BF specials. I did overnight mine to Brannan the day after the sale. I was hoping to be in the first batch and appears I was. They arrived in China December 11th, at that point is when they notify the 6-8 week lead time. Well worth the wait and yes it is very long wait.. well not really.. but ya really.... To pass the time I organized a bunch of my music files and got some new high res flacs ready for when they arrived. Very happy I did that as well.

Good luck with the rest of your wait! It will be worth it :)  

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #8,181 of 36,096
Quick couple of questions as very interested in the K10 universals: new to iem's, enjoying the JVC 850 woodies though hard to actually forget that I have earbuds in my ear canals. Any suggestions on finding the 'perfect' most comfortable set of earbuds? (Customs are not an option).
Also, are there good quality cables with iPhone controls?
Thanks for any help you can give.

Feb 1, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #8,182 of 36,096
Quick couple of questions as very interested in the K10 universals: new to iem's, enjoying the JVC 850 woodies though hard to actually forget that I have earbuds in my ear canals. Any suggestions on finding the 'perfect' most comfortable set of earbuds? (Customs are not an option).

I think you can find some Ortofon tips to use with the K10U, but I got no idea it will fit or not, coz I don't own a K10.
Control unit is available with Double Helix Cable, but it is a one button one remote/mic without volume control,

Many will say the control unit will degrade the sound. But don't count me on that, never really go try a same model of earphone with and without inline control. *and they usually come with like apple version or android version only

Feb 1, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #8,183 of 36,096

I have a pretty large head, and the ear canals to go with it. While I have found the large silicone tips that come with the K10U's will work, I tend to feel them after a few hours of listening (I wear them 8-10 hours a day while working, etc).

I had a set of UE900 tips from another pair of IEMs I had, and have found that even though the nozzle looks too narrow, they will stretch over the K10U tip and fit great.

They fit perfect in my ears, and I can wear them all day without any fatigue. Also, with the way the port stretches, I have found the signature is even better than before.

Feb 1, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #8,184 of 36,096
The K10U is great and you can use the Comply Foam 500 series of tips with it.

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #8,185 of 36,096
+1 for Comply T500, been using those quite happily on my N4.

I've also tried and liked Meelectronic M6 Double Flange tips, very comfortable but a completely different sound than the T500 (less bass but sweet, sweet treble), I'm thinking I may prefer the M6 with the K10U when it finally arrives, but time will tell...

Feb 1, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #8,186 of 36,096
Thanks for the ideas.

More suggestions always appreciated.

Any ideas regarding iPhone compatible cable with volume control?

I have decided to return my 2 week old JVCs and use the money towards the K10s (will take awhile to save up).

Excited nevertheless :)

Feb 2, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #8,189 of 36,096
Thanks for the ideas.

More suggestions always appreciated.

Any ideas regarding iPhone compatible cable with volume control?

I have decided to return my 2 week old JVCs and use the money towards the K10s (will take awhile to save up).

Excited nevertheless :)

I got an idea.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back