Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 27, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #15,826 of 36,103
I originally bought Heir Audio 4.A when the wizard used to be in that company (before starting Noble Audio). I am in for a refit now and I was wondering whether the Wizard is still able to provide service to customers like me. I sent an e-mail to Noble Audio about 2 months ago but haven't received a response. Any thoughts?

Oct 27, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #15,827 of 36,103
  I originally bought Heir Audio 4.A when the wizard used to be in that company (before starting Noble Audio). I am in for a refit now and I was wondering whether the Wizard is still able to provide service to customers like me. I sent an e-mail to Noble Audio about 2 months ago but haven't received a response. Any thoughts?

I would say no, its not the same company.

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #15,829 of 36,103
So, in anticipation of my K10s getting here, I want to get a desktop amp for home use. I have an Oppo HA-2 for work, but nothing to use IEMs with at home (I just have a Gustard H10 for my full size cans)

I've had one friend suggest either a Cavalli Liquid Carbon or a Chord Mojo. Anyone here used either one? I'd wager the MMojo is a no, since that one looks to be new.I'm not looking to break the bank, but would like something solid to leave here at home.

Thanks!

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #15,830 of 36,103
So, in anticipation of my K10s getting here, I want to get a desktop amp for home use. I have an Oppo HA-2 for work, but nothing to use IEMs with at home (I just have a Gustard H10 for my full size cans)

I've had one friend suggest either a Cavalli Liquid Carbon or a Chord Mojo. Anyone here used either one? I'd wager the MMojo is a no, since that one looks to be new.I'm not looking to break the bank, but would like something solid to leave here at home.

Thanks!

Both are great and similarly priced. I already have the Mojo and my Liquid Carbon should ship week after next, but have listened to it a number of times at shows. Both are great pieces of gear, however the Mojo is a amp & DAC, whereas the LC is only an amp. In fact the Mojo cannot be used as an amp only as it only has digital inputs.

So if you only want an amp and don't need it to be portable then go for the Cavalli. But if you want a more direct replacement for your HA-2, the Mojo IMO has much better SQ.

Cheers

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #15,831 of 36,103
  I would absolutely love to see various color dragon versions of this design. I bet Green would look absolutely amazing too. 

Yours are beautiful, in my favorite color!!

Oct 27, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #15,833 of 36,103
I wonder how Noble found dragons to get their scales, dont even get me started on a BLUE dragon.

John has a connection to Daenerys Targaryen...

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #15,837 of 36,103
One more question. I've heard from some people that they have to pay duty when these arrive. Is that the case? If so, does anyone know what the rate is and the forms of payment accepted? I want to make sure I arrange everything here in advance, and have my checkbook with me at work if needed.

Thanks!

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #15,838 of 36,103
  One more question. I've heard from some people that they have to pay duty when these arrive. Is that the case? If so, does anyone know what the rate is and the forms of payment accepted? I want to make sure I arrange everything here in advance, and have my checkbook with me at work if needed.

Thanks!

Shouldn't have an issue if you're in the US I believe. I never have with Noble. Cheers 

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #15,839 of 36,103

Thanks!

Coming from the China factory?  And you live in the USA, lf so, you will have to pay duty/customs fees.  I paid $48......give or a few dollars.  We gave a personal check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back